Translate

Friday, August 21, 2020

Friday is here 08/21/2020

            Friday is here, he thought, as he tried to drag his ole body out of the bed. Will I be able to make it to the toilet without help? It is rough when one gets old.

            Actually, it happened like this. It was 4:00am and I knew that because the clock in the front room had just chimed four times. The Tres had been moving around in the bath room, that is where he normally sleeps. Then it happened, the door to the bed room opened and Tres went into the front room. Yes, he can open the door. I assumed he wanted a drink of water, but I was wrong. He came back and begin bumping his nose against my back, I knew that meant he wanted or needed to go outside. So, at 4:00am I crawled out of bed and went to the back door with Tres. As I opened the door, I could hear other dogs barking. Now I knew, he didn’t need to go, he wanted to see what was all the barking about. 

            I let him stay outside for a few minutes and then called him back in. I returned to the Ford’s ole bed as I usually get up at 5:00. Charlie was on the bed, my favorite wife was on the bed, and now Tres was on the bed. Tres was laying on the covers, so I had to lay there uncovered.

            To make a short story longer, I got up, made coffee, let the cats out, put food in the cats bowl, got Tres meds ready and gave them to him, went into the front room and acted as if I was watching the so-called news!

            After an appropriate amount of time passed, Tres convinced me to put some clothes on, and he would take me for a walk. Don’t ask, yes, we did get the news paper before we went for a walk.

            It was dark enough that I carried a flash light this morning. We have a new neighbor and I did get to talk with him for a few minutes and welcome him to the neighborhood. He was outside watering the lawn.

            As the Tres and I walked we observed a man open the door to his pickup. I knew he had seen us so when we got close, I said, “Good Morning”, to which he did not respond. He appeared to be putting something in the seat as he had not yet entered the vehicle. We were now even with him, but we were on the opposite side of the street, so I again offered a Good Morning, to which he kind of looked an us and said, “YA”, to which I laughed. He must have been in a bad mood.

            We walked on with out further incident and no other greetings.

 

            Change of topic: I noticed that our neighbor’s wife had been driving their pickup, she usually drove the van, and their van had not been seen by me for a couple days. I had also noticed Thursday morning when the Tres and I were walking, that there were packages on their front porch. I decided if I did not see them by Thursday afternoon, I would call them to see if they were out of town.

            I called the wife of the neighbor, as I do not have his phone number, and she said her and the kids were in Arkansas visiting friends. She went on to say, her husband was in Alaska fishing. She said she had sent a text message to my wife, we never got it, I assume she sent it to the house phone and not a cell phone.

            Anyway, I have procured the 5 packages from their front porch, and I have obtained their mail from the mail box. I must be a good neighbor!

           

            Subject change; I did get out back and water the blackberries this morning before the sun was baring down on them, and I was able to pull a bunch of grass out of the patch. Less grass, more water will reach the black berries.

            Having done all that work, I allowed myself to leave the Ford Homestead and go to the teller machine to get a couple dollars for this week’s expenses. Then I traveled on to the star coffee place for a cup. When I place my order, they ask for my name. If I say Don, they never get it right. I have started saying names that they can understand, such as today my name is Fred.

 

            Well that is it for today, I hope your day is safe and productive.

 

Don’t let your mask down, stay safe!

 

Senior, name maker upper, weed puller, and all-round good neighbor, Don the Ford

No comments: