Translate

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

The observer 09/01/2020

            The observer wasn't observing, he was applying a wood sealer to a scrap wood project yesterday. Yes, there will be a photo showing the scrap wood project.

             As I sat there, paint brush in one hand, and the project in the other hand, I heard a great disturbance. There was the sound of a couple birds that were very close, no more than 20 feet away. I then changed my focus from the project to the disturbing sounds. There was two Grackle's (big black birds) that flew down and went under my truck. The peripheral view allowed me to see a hawk that I assume had been after the black birds. This hawk descended close to the truck where the birds had hidden, and then up into the neighbor's tree. The grackles were safe for the moment.

            Charlie, the Ford's ole guard cat, started sneaking toward the truck. As he stealthily approached, the two black birds flew out from under the truck, but not in the direction of the hawk in the tree. I guess the hawk missed out on that meal.

            Now if I might, pleas allow me to present a photo of the scrap wood project that was just covered with a wood sealer. I usually need to put two coats on to each piece to seal them correctly.

                                                    

            What? I show you a photo of my artistic endeavor, and all you see is the white thing attached to the shrub. That is truly hurtful. I work for hours on end, trying to present to the world, nice recycled items, and yes, my scrap wood projects are considered as recycled items.

            The white thing is a motion detector. Happy now that you have hurt this artists feelings? 

 

Change of topic: this morning as the Tres and I were out for our morning walk, we both knew that it was the first day if September. Here in the city of Hewitt, on the first day of September, one can easily hear the sounds of fall. That is the sounds of falling doves! Yep, dove season starts on the first of September, and many people are just outside the city limits with their guns, shooting these poor doves. I use to do that in the olden days but shooting doves, ducks, geese, deer, etc. is no longer of interest to me.

 

My favorite spouse kind of hurt my feelings this morning. How did she do that, you asked? She called the Tres, "Silly". Now I have always thought of myself as being, "Silly grandpa", and now we have two Silly's here in the homestead. I thought I was the one, and only one! Now there are two, so hurtful! 😊

 

Kill doves not, and be happy!

Senior silly grandpa and use to be hunter, Don the Ford

No comments: