Translate

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Nice unexpected day 08/20/2020

            As the Tres got me dressed to go for his morning walk, I was assuming we would be sweating upon return to the homestead. Tres put his lead on my hand an pulled me out of the house, and that is when it hit me. The temp was a freezing cool 64 degrees! When I use to ride motor cycles, if it was below 70 degrees, I thought it was jacket weather, no jacket needed while walking today. How could this be? Can it be this nice in Texas mid-summer? Yes, it can!

            Tres said he really enjoyed taking me for a walk this morning, and we both arrived at home not sweating!             What a day for a stroll.

            That all being said, the fact is, that social distancing is not being followed here in the Ford’s ole homestead. Last night as I was sleeping our cat Charlie snuck into our bed. I had no idea that he was there when I rolled over. Heck, he was only 2 feet away from me, and that isn’t social distancing. I turned my back on Charlie and went back to sleep. I woke up again as the clock struck 4:00am, and I started to roll over when I learned that Charlie had changed position, he was now laying against me, not social distancing. If I were to have moved, he would have fell off the side of the bed. Why can’t I get some respect and space in my own Homestead?

 

            A friend commented on my last posting noting; it seemed as if I had cleaned and straightened up the work bench area recently, and now I am doing it again. He was correct. I have a tendency to put my tools away but leave scrap pieces of wood, notes, and things I have made just laying around. The work bench area looks better, again!

            Change in topic; My favorite spouse is going to lunch with some friends to celebrate a birthday, I don’t get to go. I guess I will be social distancing today, as I stay home by myself. We do have some leftovers for my poor ole lunch.

            It is difficult for poor ole lonely retired people to have a good time at home alone. Possibly I will take a nap and forget the tears that are flowing like a river from my eyes.

            In truth, my favorite wife said I could go along. I declined the offer, knowing I would not enjoy listening to the lady’s discussions (aka gossip).

 

May all gossip be interesting!

 

Senior retired person who gets no respect from Charlie, Don the Ford  

No comments: