Translate

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Red light 08/25/2020

            In the olden days, in this setting, olden days means when I was a puppy, or possibly 60 plus years ago. Wow, how can I remember things from the olden days, and can’t remember what I had for supper last night (it was spaghetti and it was good).

            As Tres was taking me for our pre sunrise morning walk, we saw a school bus. School is open for business, but that is not what I wanted to comment on.

            Down the street a little further I observed a house with the light over the garage door on. Not unusual you say. That is correct, it is not unusual. What seems a little odd is the color of the light, it is red! I should also point out; this home also has a red light over the front door!

            Now, in days past, a red light at a door meant prostitution. Hopefully you know what a prostitute is, I can’t explain everything.

            I did not google what a red light means now days, you can google it if you want to, I am sticking with the olden day’s definition.

            Now, kind of following the same subject, there is another house on this same street that has a green light over their front door. What would the green light mean? It might mean, go on by, we are full up right now.

            Wow, I just thought what if some one has a yellow light over their door, could it mean wait a minute some one is leaving?

            Oh no, I just thought, what does it mean if you have a white light over your door?

            Wow, I should not have brought this subject up! 

 

Topic change; I started a different scrap wood project yesterday. If it turns out to be something that someone other than me might like I will post a photo at a later date. If it turns out less than desirable, you will never see a photo.

 

Subject change; as I sit here entering these words into the ole computer, I have the TV next to me on. Every morning they run the same commercials, and these commercials in total last 4 to 5 minutes. As soon as I hear the first commercial, I turn the sound off. In a 30-minute TV program almost half the time is commercials!

 

What light is over your door?

Senior dog walker and light observer, Don the Ford

No comments: