Translate

Monday, August 24, 2020

Jump start or 08/24/2020

            As the Tres and I were walking this morning we saw some interesting things, two of which I shall report on. First, as we neared the intersection that divided 200 and 300 block of the street, we, meaning Tres and I, both saw a person with a hooded sweat shirt on. Now the sun was not yet at sunrise, and there is a subject with a winter looking hooded sweat shirt on. Do you think these people who wear hoodie sweatshirts ever sweat?

            I had a flash light in one hand, a large dog on a lead, and a club, I mean a walking stick in the other hand. The hooded person walked out of sight as we approached the intersection. Arriving at the intersection I looked down the street in the direction that the Hood was walking, but he was not in sight! He either was hiding, or he may have run down the street. I began to look all around and had the walking stick at the ready.

            We walked two blocks, turned around and walked back. We did not see the hoodie again until, we returned to the same intersection. There he was with the winter hoodie on, and he had shorts on, good combination. Hot and sweaty on top, cool and refreshed on bottom. He quickly disappeared in a drive way behind a house.

            This hoodie wearer may not have been a hoodlum but…

 

            Second, there is a neighbor who parks a large service truck in front of his house each night. This morning, the vehicle’s battery was dead. He was attempting to jumpstart the vehicle as we walked by. I said, if it is a standard transmission you could start it by rolling down the street. He said, I wish it was standard, this one is automatic, the old truck was standard.

            Now that most vehicles are automatic, many people have no idea how to use a standard transmission. Heck, in the olden days you paid more to get a vehicle with an automatic transmission, now days, you pay more for standard!

 

            I need to find something to do today. I mowed the front yard yesterday (Sunday). I know one of the sprinkler heads needs to be repaired, not fun work. Maybe if I try, I can come up with a new scrap wood project. Yes, I have an idea, but I just need to get the desire to stop sitting and doing nothing.

 

May your chores be interesting!

 

Senior non-workaholic but wanting to do something, Don the Ford

No comments: