Translate

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Going back 08/18/2020

            I received a return label for the bike and I attached it to the carton. The note that came with it stated, when we see the tracking number of the carton indicating it is on its way back to us, we will send you a new bike.

            I attached the label to the carton and tried to find UPS phone number. All I could find was the UPS stores in our area. I tried two of them and was put on hold by both stores several times. I then decided to call my ex-employer to see if they could give me a phone number. When I explained that I have the return label on the carton I was told I could bring it out there and UPS would pick it up from there. Problem solved.

            I also learned that a fork lift operator had hit a 4-inch water pipe. These pipes have water for the fire sprinkler system, and are under pressure. That happened a couple times during my years at the center and it is a big mess.

            First, someone had to turn the water to that system off, to keep it from pouring water onto the floor.

            Second, you need a bunch of staff members to clean up the water including buckets and wet dry vacuums. 

            Third, the water in those pipes has been sitting in the pipes for a long time, and it stinks.

            Ninth, merchandise gets damaged and or has to be moved out to clean up and then moved back, time consuming effort.

            Fifteenth, all the staff you are using to clean up and move merchandise are not doing their normal work! Probably means OT!

            Well we had a nice day yesterday; the temp was high 80s and low 90s. There was a bunch of clouds which help keep it cool. One of the neighbors mowed their yard today, and today is my normal mow day. I did not mow. It is so dry and the grass doesn’t need me mowing it until it begins to get healthy and grow. I haven’t mowed the back 40 for two weeks now.

            My favorite spouse and I went to the big city (Waco) today, to get some dog food.

            I need to go out in the garage and toss out a bunch of scrap wood I have been keeping. I look at some of the smaller pieces and think, there should be something I can do with them, but they for the most part just sit there in the way. I can create more scrap wood pieces.

            Last short note: I lit my last cigar from Cuba the other day, I puffed on about half of it. I liked it and thought I would go on line to see about purchasing more. A box of 25 was on sale for $499.00. Being on a fixed income, I will not be partaking in those cigars!

Thank you for being a friend!

Senior retired person with out a bike and no cigars, Don the Ford

No comments: