Translate

Saturday, September 9, 2023

September 9, 2023

            Wow how does the Don want to start today’s sermon. Let’s start with walking the dog. Now I am an ole senior person and I have lived in the neighborhood for more than 44 years, and that alone should provide this ole senior person with some shall we say, “special privileges!”

Now let us take for example todays, “walking of the dog”. All went well until we turned and started back toward the homestead. There ahead of us, coming toward us was a female person leading a dog. First, she was on the wrong side of the road. All dog walkers should walk facing traffic, but she was walking with traffic. This female dog walker was coming toward me and Tres, which caused me to have to walk to the other side of the street, yes that meant I was forced to walk with traffic. This young female person did not say good morning, heck she acted like she was unhappy that the Tres was barking at her and her little white dog.

I think there should be a way that Tres and I could go for our walk without any other dog walkers being on the streets. Then, when we finish, we could post a note on the internet and these other so-called dog walkers could then go for a walk. Ole people need some, “special privileges!” 

I did take some photos of the morning sky as we walked, photos to follow.


             There must have been a big jet plane or a spaceship down in those clouds, and they must have had their head lights on, to make all that light. I don’t think a flashlight could make that much light.

            Other than the incident with the female dog walker, this morning’s walk was good. There was a nice breeze during the entire walk.

Back at the home I was allowed to water the flowers in pots. An odd thing happened while I was watering the pots, I could feel “rain drops falling on my head”, wow, that kind of sounded like an ole time song. Yep, even though the cloud above did not look like a rain cloud, there was a few drops of rain falling. I tried to call my favorite wife and ask her to come outside to experience the rain drops, but she would not answer the phone.

Wow, she was busy and did not answer the phone. What if I had fallen and could not get up? I guess in the future I will call 911 and not my wife, if I have had an accident.

Topic swap: the boy scouts are having another popcorn sell today, so I guess I will drop by and see if I can get a couple $20 bags of popcorn.

Well, I need some rest so I will shut down for now, we hope your day is good and that you can walk facing traffic, that means “please be safe!”

special privileges!

Senior ole person who has no special privileges, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: