Translate

Monday, September 18, 2023

September 18, 2023

            Good morning, at least I think it is a good morning. I started out with Vertigo when I was getting out of bed. Now I have had vertigo in the past, but it is never fun. I have gone to the doctor in the past and they gave me instructions as to how to lay on the bed and position your head. So, I followed the instructions along with praying for relief.

            I can see that one person is wondering, “which helped relieve the vertigo, the head positioning, or the prayer”. Well, I would say prayer first and then head positioning. I pray to God for help, and it comes to me to do the head positioning and things will get better. Sometimes prayers are answered by us doing something ourselves, to fix the problem.

            Enough preaching: Tres and I did go for a walked this morning, and we encountered two things. One there was a lady out for her morning walk. It was obvious that she was overweight, and we hope she continues to walk for exercise. Then I saw a leaf from a Cottonwood tree of which there are many, but this one leaf looked like a turtle, was even colored like a turtle. The rest of the walk had no excitement.

            Sunday: we decided to go to the cracker store for lunch, that way my favorite wife did not need to cook a meal here at the homestead. The food was good, the server was nice, the place was crowded!

            Returning home, I tried to take a short rest after eating and then I proceed to get outside and work. First, I got the string trimmer out of the shed and went to the front yard. I trimmed the grass in the front yard, the grass was getting very tall, in part due to the watering and the nice rains we have had. I then proceeded to the back 40 where I trimmed around just about everything. I got a big glass of water and took a short 5-minute break, glass of water in hand.

            I brought the Fords walk behind mower to the front yard and began to mow. I was cutting in an east and west pattern which takes a little more time due to the shorter rows and more turning around. Then I looked at the cut grass and decided to mow it a second time, this time north and south pattern. The grass was so thick that I wanted to mulch up the piles of grass that were remaining after the first mow. The yard is now manicured.

            That afternoon as we were sitting outside a neighbor lady from up the street dropped by. This lady takes care of dogs and helps find them a permanent home. She commented on how nice our yard looked. This lady’s husband died recently, and she is still trying to do all the things they did as a team. She has a lot on her plate.

            I have a photo of the red bench and the decoration that was set there after we removed the scarecrow.


 
            Well, I guess I will stop for now, we hope you have a good day, and please stay safe.

yard man, the Don!

Senior ole retired person who doubles as a yard man, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: