Translate

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

September 13, 2023

            We made it to mid-week, and it is sprinkling rain this morning. We are hoping for real rain and we are thankful for even a sprinkle of rain, anything is better than nothing.

            The Tres and I did take a walk this morning, it was a cool 70 degrees and there was a very slight breeze when we turned and started back toward the homestead. I have a couple comments on this morning’s walk, one is, early mornings I hear and see crows in the area. Now I am wondering if they spend the nights here and then go somewhere else during the day. I do not usually see or hear them during the day or when we sit outside in the afternoon.

            A second comment would be, as the Tres and I were approaching an intersection walking south, there was a vehicle approaching going west. The vehicle had a stop sign, so it stopped, and we also stopped. I being a nice ole man waved at the driver, whom I could not see, to go on. The vehicle then started across the intersection, and it appeared that this person was giving me the finger. His hand was at the window, there was one finger standing up and I could not see this person’s face. Now I could be wrong, and he may have been looking at his fingernail…

            I am trying to determine how much rain we might get, and do I need to water the flowerpots. I can see on the security camera that there is more light rain happening, although the driveway is still dry under the tree limbs, so we haven’t had much rain yet.

            I have a photo of some blooms that are growing in places where I do not want them to be, they are in our Jasman bed.


            The front yard needs to be mowed but I am sure it is too wet for me to get outside and mow, maybe I can get the yard man Alex over on Saturday. If we get enough rain the back forty might need to be mowed. The riding mower has not been started in several weeks.

            I could get my hair cut today but then I would be attractive again, then my favorite wife would get mad when the other female subjects start looking at me.

            I decided to review my bible study homework yesterday, and I am happy to report it looked as if I had answered the questions correctly. I received my book several weeks ago and I went ahead and completed the first week’s work, when I first received the book. 

            Well, I guess I will stop for now, it is sprinkling a little harder now, so I will try to stay dry. We hope you have a good day and stay safe while you are being nice to ole people.

Rain, nice!

Senior ole person who may do nothing today, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: