Translate

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

September 12, 2023

            The bible study group meeting went well last evening. I got to see some of the people I had studied with last year, and met a bunch of new people. I think they said there are 170 men in this bible study session.

            Now let’s discuss this morning’s walk. The walk started about the same time but it was much darker than it has been, I thought it was probably due to clouds, but as the walk proceeded, I could see that there was not an excessive number of clouds. I guess sun rise is getting later each day.

As the Tres and I walked we approached two different people without them seeing us. There was a vehicle between us and the man who got in his van, he left the door open for a short while then closed it and left. He did not know we were standing on the other side of the vehicle that was parked next to his. If I had been a bad person, I could have taken his vehicle from him easily.

Then up the street and around the corner there was a female person who walked out of her house, she did not appear to even look around to see if anyone was there, Tres and I was within 40 feet of her at first, and as she was trying to unlock her vehicle, her back to us, we walked behind and past without her ever seeing us. People should look around when they go out of their house or get out of their vehicle.

Topic swap; we were supposed to go to an out-of-town football game in which Alex would have played, but for some reason it is canceled. I guess we will learn why later.

We got some rain last night, but not a lot. When Tres and I went out this morning there was a wet spot on the driveway, I said wet spot, not standing water. I checked the Free rain gage and there was a little water in it but not enough to measure.

Now let’s talk cons: the tree has a lot of pecans on it, but as dry as it has been we are not sure they would produce good pecans. We will probably not get any this year as the squirrels seem to be taking more than their share. There seem to be partially eaten cons on the driveway all the time, photo to follow.


            I guess I will stop for now, stay safe, be nice, and have a good day!

Studying again? I mean Studying again!

Senior ole person who needs a cup, even a homemade cup of coffee, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: