Translate

Thursday, September 14, 2023

September 14, 2023

            Another day another bill to pay, or was the work free? We did get the stove repaired yesterday, and it was covered by a warranty, so the work was free. Now we need to get the washing machine repaired, but it has no warrantee, that will cost money. I need to find someone who can do the work at a fair price.

            By the way, it is raining this morning, YAY! We had some off and on rain showers yesterday with a total of about ¼ inch of rain. We are hoping for another day of rain with a larger amount. I doubt that any of this rain has run off into the lakes, the ground is soaking it all up.

            This morning Tres and I went out front as usual, but the rain kept Tres on the porch most of the time. I sat on one of the rockers and enjoyed the darkness and rain. I would have sat there longer if I would have had a cup of coffee. Tres did leave the protection of the porch (went out into the rain) to relieve himself on the mailbox post.

            As I sat there in the dark, I decide to attempt to get a photo which would allow you to enjoy the early morning darkness. The photo isn’t very good but my ole cell phone doesn’t have a good camera, or the photographer isn’t that good, you can decide.


            The orange light is coming from the streetlight. As I sat there and Tres was laying on the porch, we observed a flash of light, but not a lightning streak. I wondered if it was lightning, or something else that cause the flash. It took several seconds before we could hear the thunder, and it sounded as if it was very far away.

            As I sit here looking at the security cameras, I can see the rain fall is “picking up”, for that one person I meant to say, the rain fall is increasing. Even though the rain has increased, I still do not see any large amount of water flowing down the street.

            I am back, I just went out to the driveway and moved the flowers that were partially under the car port, so they would share in the rain, (get some water). During this venture into the wet world, I looked that the Free rain gage and it is showing ½ inch of rain total for yesterday and this morning.

            There was some thunder and Molly the cat came in out of the garage. I guess she don’t like the noise. I just thought, with all this rain I will not be allowed to mow the front yard, darn it, I was looking forward to getting some exercise. I have an umbrella, I guess I could take Tres for a walk, nope I guess not. It just thundered again, and he has come and got in under the desk.

            I guess we are now in a thunderstorm as it keeps thundering and raining.

            I will call it quits for now, we hope you can stay dry and that it keeps raining. Please be safe and careful in the rain.

Night photographer!

Senior ole person who might take a cup of coffee and sit outside, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: