Translate

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

September 20, 2023

            It is “Mid-Week”, it is Wednesday, that is as of now a correct statement. What if all these union people, and a bunch of other people who want to get paid but not work, have their way, and they get a 4-day week and 5-day pay.

What will a 4-day week look like?

Will it be like some of the schools that have gone to a 4-day week, they get off Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Maybe the 4-day week will be work Monday and Tuesday, take a day off, work Thursday and Friday, then have the weekend off.

I think I know the best schedule for this 4-day week. They will have the weekend off and also Monday off, (to recover from there weekend parties) then work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  

            Topic swap; My dad was a union man, he was head of his local union for a while, so I understand the need for unions in the olden days, not so much now.

            Different subject: Tres and I did get to go for a walk leaving the house with a flash light in hand (it was dark). For the last few walks the neighborhood has been very quiet, today the bird seemed to be having fun making a lot of noise, and yes there were sounds from the crows.

Another fact: we did attend the 8-grade football game yesterday, Midway lost 13 to 14. It was an interesting game, but we lost.

Next issue: I need to go get the shingles vaccine today (it is a two-shot vaccine, a couple months apart), they did not have it available yesterday when we got the flu shot. We have been asked how we fill after we got the Flu shot, no problem for either of us.

One more thought: we are scheduled to have a repair man here today for work on a couple appliances. If he gets here and leaves, I might be allowed to go to town. I might get to go to the harbor store and if that happens, I might get a real cup of coffee while I am out of the house. I must remember to do my homework today, I did not do any yesterday, so I am a day behind.

Last focus of the day: I did mow the back 40 yesterday, and even though a part is not in good condition (aka dead) some of the back 40 looked better after the mowing. Yep, I guess I am a good ole yard man! Photo to follow.



Vaccine or virus?

Senior ole person who has things to do, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: