Translate

Monday, September 25, 2023

September 25, 2023

            Today is the first day of the week, at least it is the way I look at it.  Monday, and I have learned that school is out today, so I will not need to pick up any of the kids today.

Hay, I will not need to water the flowers in pots today, my free rain gage has almost 2 inches of rain in it this morning. We had some hard rain last night and I think I heard a little hail. I looked out back and even though we had all that rain, there is no water standing in the back 40.

It was a record day yesterday; the record is now 102 degrees. It was very hot, and I did sit outside for a while with a fan blowing on me. During the overheated sitting outside, I was able to install a fire extinguisher, no photo available. 

As I sit outside, I received a call from a neighbor lady asking if I had a few minutes to come and help her put a rack together. This lady had a garage sale going for 3 days and was now attempting to put things back into the garage and fold the tables. I said I would come and help, so I went to my favorite wife and explained what I knew, and she went with me.

Arriving at the house I was able to help her get the rack together. Now it was thundering off in the distance, so my present wife and I helped the lady to pack up items and put them in her garage. As we were helping another lady, and her dog came up and she started helping too. Together our 4-person group got all most all the items, not including the tables put away. When the thunder became louder, I said we should not be outside when it is lightning, my favorite wife and I excused ourselves and went home.

When we arrived home, it was sprinkling and in no time, it was raining hard. The rain and thunder had both of the animals in the office with me. They, like me, do not like the storms.



            I went outside this morning about 6:00 to check the amount of rain in the gage and I also moved the trash can out to the street, and that is when I observed the open garage door, at the neighbor across the street. Later I saw that neighbor putting his trash can out to the street, so I commented on the open door. He said I forgot to close it. It is very unusual for garage doors to be open at night. 

It was too dark to walk this morning, so I decided to work on this posting and walk a little later. It is better when I can see all the things that Tres sees, he can see in the dark. Heck he may be half cat. 

I did have the yard man Alex over yesterday to mow the front yard for me. He does an excellent job and I do appreciate his help.

I will stop for now; we hope all is good at your home and that you will be nice to at least one person today. Please stay safe and enjoy the cooler weather.

After garage sale helper.

Senior ole person who tries to be nice to our neighbors, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: