Translate

Sunday, September 3, 2023

September 3, 2023

            Another nice morning here at the Ford homestead. Tres and I both noticed the fact that the neighborhood was very quiet this morning when we went outside for him to relieve himself. Now usually we have several birds making noise, maybe a little breeze, possibly a train going down the tracks, but today there was one bird that we heard, and off in the distance, we heard a jet plane going over. Extra quiet, no dogs barking, no guns being fired, all was quiet and then it happened, we could hear a rooster crowing. Yep, someone has chickens at their house.

            I have a photo from our short walk this morning. Tres is usually the observant one, but today I was, and Tres completely missed this cat, photo to follow.


 
            We were arriving at the cul-de-sac and Tres always turns to the right to go to a mailbox that he likes. Tres did not see the cat; I even took time to take the photo and Tres continued looking at the mailbox with the cat behind him.

            A couple minutes later as we were walking up the street, I saw some morning clouds that I like, and I took a photo.

            May I also enlighten the group as to the fact that Tres woke me up at 1:10pm two nights ago and wanted to go out. I was able to drag my ole body out of the Ford’s ole bed and let him out back. Tres started walking through the back 40 as if he was looking for something and that is when I heard the sound. There was two Hoot Owls out back and one would call out, then the other would call out. It was a back-and-forth process; I do not know if they were working together, or if they were rivals.

            Topic swap: our neighbor had a table and 4 chairs out in his driveway with a free sign on them. We pointed them out to another friend who then called a family member. The family member had need for the table and chairs and when they came to get them, I was able to help them load them in the pickup.

            I am back: I have been away from the keyboard for a little over two hours. I went to pick up the yard man, “Alex”, as the front yard needed to be mowed. When I picked the Alex up, he said he had $10 in his pocket, and he would pay for a coffee from the Star coffee place. Now Alex don’t get a real cup of coffee, he gets a cold drink that appears to be chocolate. I was happy that he offered to pay but I paid for the drinks.

            Alex has mowed the front yard and did some weed trimming in the back 40. The back 40 does not need to be mowed, but there were some weeds that were growing. While he was doing his yard work, I was picking up some sticks and debris from the yard. I will need to remove the Poopa-Loopa, there seems to be some in the back 40.  

            My wife of 54 years and I did sit outside yesterday afternoon for a while. It was a quiet afternoon as there was very little traffic on the street. 

            Another topic: yesterday I was considering what I would need for a battery backup to keep the security cameras on during power outages, I was moving some things around when I came across a couple short stories I had written in the past. One was about time travel, and even though I don’t believe in time travel, I have written a short story about time travel. The other short story title is, “Will what begins as great, end that way”, or “The Future defined”. I took the time to read The Future Defined and it was interesting, in part there is the prediction of a time when all disease will cease. Who knew the Don could write. There is another story about the beginning of time, but it is 70 pages and that seems to be to long for anyone to read.

Change the topic: we have the new phone system and we have not had one message left on the unit, other than my test messages. I guess that means we answer the phone when it rings. Hay, do not decide to leave a message on the phone just because I said there have been none.

Well, I guess that is about it for now, may your day be filled with kindness, may you stay safe, and may it rain!

Unusual author!

Senior ole person whose yard is mowed, and I am not tired, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: