Translate

Monday, September 11, 2023

September 11, 2023

            Well, today is 9/11 and we all remember where we were when the attacks occurred. I was in New York state working between the towns of Middletown and Newburgh.  

            But let’s first review Sunday, as I am writing this first part on Sunday afternoon. My favorite wife and I did go out for breakfast at the cracker store. A couple things about this breakfast, one we only recognized possibly two people who work there, they have a bunch of new employees. The second comment is the food prices have gone up a little but the amount of food received is smaller. Part of my meal was pancakes, there were two and they were smaller than what they use to be, heck even the supposed to be scrambled eggs did not appear to be two complete eggs.

            After eating, we went to the Woods store hoping to find a 20-foot hose, but they did not have a 20-foot hose. They had 50, and 100 feet but no short hoses. we also need a couple sprayers for the watering of plants and they had some but we did not purchase one.

We left there and went to Wally world looking for a hose and we had no luck there. I did see something I should have purchased and that was a string trimmer for $99.00. My trimer is old and could give up at any time, I might need to go back and get the trimer.

Arriving back at home, having purchased nothing, I proceed to get into, or is it onto, the ole recliner, either way, I took a nap. 

Awaking from the nice nap I decided to go out back and remove the Poopa-Loopa from the back 40, as trash day is Monday. Having successfully removed the Dog Waste I then decided to pick up the sticks and debris from the back and front yards. The temp is a lot cooler than normal, it was only 97 degrees, wow I can work outside and not die of heat exhaustion.

I have purchased three fire extinguishers, so I decided to install one here in the ole office. Before you ask, the ole office is close to the kitchen and there was no place in the kitchen to install the extinguisher, that is why it is in the ole office. Photo to follow.


            Before you ask, no I do not know what all those keys go to. Some keys have been there a long time.

            The yards cleared I decided to repair the front water hose. The problem is the clamp that holds the rubber hose on to the connector leaks, so I thought I would put a second clamp on the connection. I went out to the shed to see if I could find another clamp and while I was there, I installed a fire extinguisher in the shed. As you might know, I get distracted easily, and I was distracted by some bird seed that I did not know I had. I distributed the bird seed. I did also find a clamp and then I headed back to the front yard and I was hoping to add the second clamp.

            The second clamp was too small it would not fit so I decided to see if I could make any adjustments to the connection. I found that it just needed to be tightened, and the leak stopped. I guess I should have tried that a month or two ago.

            My favorite wife was cleaning the back patio off so I took the leaf blower out there and did the initial sweeping of the area. I blew the dirt and dust off the patio so my wife could do all she needed to do, and there would be a lot less sweeping. I also hauled the dog’s bed to the trash container, the bottom was falling apart, and the BBQ grill cover was also taken to the trash container. Then I came in here and started writing this posting. It is now 3:45 on Sunday afternoon and I will stop writing now. There may be more comments added tomorrow.

 

            Today is Monday; it is cool today with a temp of 69 degrees. Heck when Tres and I went for our walk it was almost a shock with cool air and a breeze. Speaking of Tres, he did get a bath yesterday afternoon, then we sat outside for a while. It was nice enough that we did not need the fans to keep us cool.

            The lady who lives next-door and her two sons came over while we were sitting outside. They brought treats for Tres and for Molly the cat. The youngest boy likes cats and he really likes Molly. Tres got a kick out of all the attention and petting he received.

I don’t intend to comment on the 9/11 disaster, I think the TV seems to be covering it pretty well.

            Our bible study begins this evening, I hope I can study and learn something this year.

There is rain in the area, we hope it will get to us. Well, I guess that is all for today, we hope your day is filled with things you enjoy, and we are hopeful that everyone will stay safe.

This posting was too long!

Senior ole person who needs to do something, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: