Translate

Friday, September 8, 2023

September 8, 2023

            Good morning or hello depending on when you look at this posting. There is nothing new here at the Ford homestead, unless you consider the fall decorations that have been recently placed inside and outside of the Homestead. I would like to take credit for the decorations, but if I did, I might not get to eat for a month or so, yep, my favorite wife has been and is placing these decorations.

            Please allow me to comment on a thing or two from yesterday.

            I did take the Ford’s ole Chevy to the dealership for some upkeep. On the way home the touch screen was acting odd, (not working as it had been prior to the new battery) which irritated me to no end but I was not in a mood to go back to the Dealer at that time.

            A few of the processes began working but not all so I decided to call them this morning and see if they had any ideas or if I should bring it back. Before calling them, I decided to go out and see if it was still acting odd. I turned it on, and it worked as it should, happily, I turned it off and started into the homestead when it came to me, I still needed to set the time. My ole body spun around and I dashed back to the vehicle. (Dashed, in this setting means, “I was able to drag my ole body back to the truck.”)

            I again started the vehicle and went to settings, then to time, and I was able to set the time! Heck the darn thing may be ok.

            What else did we do yesterday: my first wife allowed me to go with her out to supper. Now the food was good but I do have a small problem with sandwiches at many restaurants and that is, “they are too thick”. What I am trying to say is, I can’t open my mouth wide enough to get a full bite of the sandwich. I often end up using a knife and a fork to eat the sandwich, or I have to remove part of the fixuns, then I can get my mouth around the sandwich. 

            We made it back home safely and even though it was 106 degrees, we did sit outside for a while.

            Speaking of heat, for those of you who do not live in Texas, we are supposed to have a record setting day for September, with a temperature of 108 or more. I will be getting Alex from school this afternoon during the 108 temp, and I will be sitting there in the vehicle without the air conditioner or motor running. I do plan to take two types of fans with me, one is battery powered, and one is a hand fan. I would not want to be going to the high school football game tonight, it will be very hot.

            Tres and I did walk this morning, but we did not have any unusual events. Speaking of unusual, a friend thought he saw a coyote running up the street the other night, and he wanted me to check my cameras and see if I could see the animal. I did see what appeared to be a coyote going up the street.

            Well, I guess that will be it for now, be safe and have a great day.

Hotter than hot!

Senior ole person who needs to get a short nap before lunch, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: