Translate

Friday, September 15, 2023

September 15, 2023

            Hello to each member of the reading group, yes, and even to you. I know you do not consider yourself a member of the reading group, but I enjoy having you here with the group. Now I have nothing to provide to the reading group today, but I will comment on this matter. A couple days ago we purchased a short hose which was used to replace the short hose that was leaking, and we purchased a new sprayer for the end of the hose as the old one was broken. Now why would I bring those two items up, he asked, well allow me to expand the thought. We paid cash for these two items, and we installed both items. We did a short test to be sure they worked, and they do, then it started! We have had rain each and every day and I have not been required to use them. Money spent and unable to use the items

            Actually, I am thankful for the rain, we have had a total of almost 1.25 inch here at the Fords homestead. It is predicted to rain today and there could be a storm in the area. Rain please, storm no thanks!

            The walk this morning started about 6:30. To say it was dark would be an understatement. It was pitch-black outside. Now I know some of you have no idea what Pitch is, but I do. When I say it was pitch-black, I am saying it was very dark. The fact that it is cloudy increased the darkness.

            During the morning walk we did not have any interesting events, as a matter of fact, it was a very boring walk.

            Different subject: I have an appointment to have a local repair person to come to the Ford’s home and see if they can fix a problem on the refrigerator. This repair is through the Lowes warrantee company. I called this so-called local business yesterday to confirm the appointment and to see if I could get them to also work on the washing machine. They did not answer the phone, I left my name and number, they have not yet returned my call.

            I was going through some appliance info from years past and I found a note that explained that this same local repair group, had worked for us before, and did not perform very well.

            The front yard needs to be mowed but the rain is keeping me from the task. Heck if it keeps raining, I might need to mow the back 40.

            Well, I guess that is all from here at the Ford homestead, we hope you have a safe and productive day, or at least a safe and enjoyable day.

Thankful for the rain!

Senior ole person who thinks a cup of coffee while sitting on the front porch during a little rain storm might be good, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: