Translate

Saturday, September 23, 2023

September 23, 2023

            It is a good Saturday morning here in Hewitt Texas. The temp is said to be 78 degrees, but it feels a lot warmer due to the humidity. We did do our morning walk, we started a little later and even though the sun was not up, it was light enough to see without the flashlight.

            We did not get to sit outside early yesterday evening, although I did sit outside all alone, and long enough to have a cold drink before I got ready to go.

            We did attend the company employee appreciation party last evening, and it was not too bad. They did not serve a meal, they did have some snacks to eat on, and the snacks that I got was not good. I should also say they had baked potatoes in the snack line, and they were good. We did get to talk with some of the few people that we knew, most of the people who were there, we did not know. I did wear my HWI tie with the HWI tie tac, and I proudly showed it to all who would look. All it all it was a good party, my favorite wife gambled and I watched.

            Today is the first day of fall, at least I was told that it is, and it is supposed to be 99, or possibly 100 degrees today. We may get some rain tomorrow or Monday, we still need it.

            Altered subject: we, that is my favorite wife and I, usually end up getting a sandwich for lunch on Saturday, so I suggested that we could go to the George restaurant and get and omelet later this morning and have that instead of a sandwich. I did not get approval of my idea.

            Speaking of the George restaurant, when we were there Thursday afternoon for our evening repast, I noticed that the young lady who worked behind the bar was not very busy. This bar is inside and the other bar which I consider to be outside, it is usually very busy. Well anyway, I noticed the young lady who was supposedly working at the bar, had a large Styrofoam cup and was drinking from it. Now this cup was from the Bushes chicken, so she was advertising for bushes tea, in the George restaurant.   

            Another matter: not one of the reading public has asked if I had a photo of the little roll around stool that I have repaired, so I am not telling any of you, not even you, my favorite reader, that there is a photo attached to this posting.


             My present spouse had suggested that we could put a soft cushion on the new wooden seat, but that has not yet started.

            Today, we have no real plans. That is all for now, we hope your day and weekend is fun and safe.

Stool repair person!

Senior ole retired person who needs that cup even if it is homemade, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: