Translate

Sunday, September 24, 2023

September 24, 2023

Today is Sunday, and I have done nothing this morning, but I still need to get outside and water the flowerpots. Tres and I have not walked this morning as this is a day of rest, or maybe I am too lazy to walk this morning. It was 100 degrees here yesterday and they are predicting it could happen again today. 

Let us see what the ole Ford’s did yesterday, which we are sure would not be interesting to you, “real people”. We left the homestead with no real destination in mind, I kind of thought we would get a bite of something for lunch. As we discussed where we might like to partake in some food, we did not come up with a location that we could agree on.

Not being in agreement, I headed the Ford’s ole Chevy towards the Harbor store, where I proceeded to get out of the vehicle and go inside. I was very surprised to see a female subject who had a meny dress on, at least I think it was a dress, which covered very little of her body. She was leaving as I was going in. I guess that was all the excitement for this visit, I did purchase a new stool with rollers on it. This stool is adjustable from 15 inches to 20 inches high, which in my opinion makes it more usable and more comfortable.

Note: The Harbor store had a coupon for 30% off, anything in the store, no exceptions, the coupon also stated, “the 30% off was for items under 20 dollars”. As I was checking out there was a fellow and his wife trying to purchase an item using the coupon and the checker was explaining that the coupon was good for items $20.00 or less. I had a 25% coupon that worked for my item.

Leaving the Harbor: I suggested a location that we might consider eating at, Short John Silvers. We have not had fish or shrimp from there in a long time, and my favorite wife was in agreement. To make a short story long, the food was actually good, the service was very slow even though the staff seem nice.

After the noon repast, we headed for home where I put the new stool together. In truth, there were three parts to the stool, the bottom, the seat, and the post that connected them. There were no screws no tools needed.


            It made it to 100 yesterday and it was 99 here at the homestead at 3:45pm yesterday when I was writing this part of the posting. Will we be able to sit outside in the heat?

Why am I writing Sundays posting on Saturday, no one asked, so I will explain. I have the broken washing machine running and I wanted to be in here where I could hear it and keep an eye on it. So far it is working. I have taken the items out of the washer, and they are in the dryer now, maybe I will have some clean and dry undies to wear tomorrow.  

Speaking of washing, we did wash the dog yesterday afternoon.

New exciting subject: I have a photo of me with the HWI tie on. I also have the HWI 35 years of service ring on, but it can’t be seen in this photo. I did not get a 40 years’ service ring…


 
            I was the only person at the company party with a tie on, “ole people be different”.

            My favorite wife and I did sit outside yesterday in the excessive heat, we did have the fan blowing air on us when a friend came over. As usual, we did not solve any of the world’s problems, but being outside together was enjoyable. We are now expecting rain possibly tonight and tomorrow. I did get a photo of a cloud which I will present to you. Everyone heard what you were just thinking, “Another photo of a cloud, why don’t he stop it with the clouds”. You do know you don’t have to look at the photos!

            The cloud has holes in it, does that make it holey, or holy?

            Thats it for today, and yes, have a good day and please be safe. You can look up the words Hole, Holes, Holey and Holy.

Fall? 100 degrees?

Senior ole person who needs to water the flowers, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: