Translate

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

March 8, 2023

            Wow, we had a day of rest yesterday and it was needed. My ole body feels like it has been renewed, heck I might even be able to do some work in the Jasmin today. I am hoping to finish the removal of the acorns today.

            Good news, my favorite wife’s MRI scan info came today and the scan showed no change since the scan 6 months ago. In truth the info said there has been no change since the 2021 scan.

            Back to the day of rest: When I say a day of rest, I mean we took it easy all day. My favorite wife did cook a roast for our supper and we have left overs for lunch today. I did venture forth from the Ford’s ole homestead with the thought that I would get my hair cut, possibly get a cup of real coffee and if I still had some coins left, I would go to the adult booze place and get a bottle, that was the plan, now lets see how that went.

            Leaving the Homestead, I was able to drive the Ford’s Chevy to the hair cut place and I found a place to park. I entered the building and was quickly tossed into a chair. The lady proceeded to remove the unwanted hair from my ole head as she talked about gardens and plants. This entire process took about 10 minutes total from greeting to taking my money.

            I then thought, I might as well get a cup of real coffee so I got in line at the drive through. Now the line was not too long, maybe 8 vehicles in front of me, so I waited patiently at first and then in an irritated state at the end. Once you get into a certain part of the drive through you can’t get out of line. I did not check the time so I am not exact on this but it was more than 15 minutes to get my little cup of real coffee.

            Well, I had wasted that much time for real coffee, I decided to go on into town and get a bottle of adult beverage. The drive into town takes about five minutes, but the traffic was heavy so it took a little more time and more attention for this senior person to negotiate through the vehicles. I was surprised when I arrived at the booze place, it was closed. Yep the door and the drive through window were locked, and there was not any vehicles around the building. I did not get a bottle, and I cried all the way home. 

            Let’s review, hair cut service very good, coffee service very slow, booze store closed. That was the first half of my day of rest.

            The rest of the day was a do nothing day, I did feed the birds, I did take a nap, I did homework for the bible study class, I did do my personal reading from the bible, I did go get Dave from work (there was OT again) my wife and I did sit outside and enjoy the nice day on our day of rest. 

What a day!

Senior ole person who was disappointed and happy during the day, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: