Translate

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

March 21, 2023

            I learned something last night, and I do not need your comment about ole people can’t learn new things. Maybe I should say that I was told about something last night, although I do learn by seeing and hearing, so that might mean I did still learn something last night.

            Now I know most of you, have not been in my bed room when I am getting ready for bed. When I prepare my ole body to recline on the Ford’s ole mattress, for an evening of rest, I most often ask Alexa to play, “sounds of rain”. For that one person, and I do know who you are, Alexa is not a girlfriend, is not a female person, instead it is a robot voice machine.

            Now the reason I have the sound of rain played, is in an effort to block out the sounds coming from the TV room. Sleeping or meditating both seem better when I can’t hear the TV, or other outside noises.

            Well last night when I ask Alexa to play sounds of rain, the robot voice machine responded with, “in the future would you like to say, Alexa Good Night, and I play the sounds of rain for you?” I responded with, “yes”. Now any time I want to hear sounds of rain I just say, “Alexa, Good Night” and the robot plays the sounds of rain.

            I guess I did learn something from a robotic teacher. Wow, robots are taking over!

            Well the bible study meeting went well last night, they even had coffee or hot chocolate after the class and before the lecture.

            We have a couple small things that we want to accomplish today, replant one flower, removes some dead grass from the berry bed #2, water the berries and the green house plants. That will be started when the temp warms up, maybe around noon o’clock.

            The sprinkler system did run this morning but I need to reset the start time or set it to day light saving time, as it did not run when I wanted it to.

            I did get a burrito and a cup of real coffee this morning, you know, just wanted to get the day started off in a positive way.

            I guess I will stop now and set my sights on something productive, we hope your day is safe, fun and restful.

THE Robotic world is here

Senior ole person who can learn from a robot, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: