Translate

Monday, March 6, 2023

March 6, 2023

     

            We made it through Sunday without to many problems, my favorite wife was on her knees a lot yesterday, I assume that she was praying that those weeds would come out of the ground easier. She cleared out three flower beds. I mowed the back yard, using the ole riding mower, it was grueling work sitting on that mower.

            As usual, I removed debris including Poopa-Loopa from the back 40 before beginning. I rolled up the extension cord that powers the heat lamps at the green house and don’t plan to unroll it as I believe spring has sprung! Yes I did help my first wife by picking up some of the weeds that she was pulling from the flower beds.

            I pulled a few weeds from the #1 berry bed, then I got tired and stopped. The #2 bed really needs a lot of weeding.

            I can see on one of the monitors that the birds are fighting over the food out back, I guess I should refill the feeders making it easier for them to eat.

            I experimented with the Jasmin yesterday, using a small rake, I was attempting to rake some of the acorns and caps from one of the beds. In the spot where the Jasmin is very short, one can do some raking, but not in the taller areas. We have a couple areas that have not recovered from all the walking on it during the side walk replacement.

            I plan on using the string trimmer on some of the taller Jasmin today, in an effort to remove the leaves and acorns. Who knows ow that will go.  

            The new Jasmin that we planted early last year isn’t looking too good. Not sure what we will do with that bed. We had purchased some, “So-called top soil” from our former employer, and it is not top soil. I was going to use it in some of the beds as just extra top soil, but now I don’t know what I will do with it.

            I did sit outside yesterday afternoon and a neighbor came over and sat with me. As usual we did not talk about you, at least not very much.

            Our newest neighbor lady was outside with her son as he was riding his bike. I walked over and talked with her for a while. Her parents are visiting, they drove down from Indiana. She introduced me to her youngest son and a few minutes later when I returned home, I wanted to tell my wife what the boys name was, and I had already forgotten.

            I did sneak out this morning and got a free cup of real coffee, but I had to purchase the burrito, which we enjoyed.

            Well, I need to get some rest before I venture outside to do the yard work, we hope you have a good day, filled with better Blog postings than this one! Be safe! 

Work no, rest yes!

Senior retired person who couldn’t have been a workaholic, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: