Translate

Saturday, March 18, 2023

March 18, 2023

            Well, Friday has passed without me doing much. It was cool outside so I tried to stay inside as much as I could. If memory serves me, and it often does not, I did pick up some sticks from the front yard yesterday.

            About 10:00 I decided to get out of the house for a few minutes, so I decided to get a real cup of coffee. I hopped into the Ford’s ole Chevy and headed out. At the same time, I was leaving the Ford’s homestead, my favorite wife was also leaving. I had driven about two blocks when I discovered that I did not have my, “Communicating Device”, (aka cell phone) with me.

            I turned around and went back to the Homestead where I was able to access my cell phone. I again hopped into the Ford’s ole Chevy and headed out. I had reached the same location where I had turned around earlier, and the ole cell phone rang. It was Dave and he was off work an hour early. I headed to the workplace and picked up Dave, and I explained that I was going to get a cup of coffee at the star place.

            The star coffee place is only about a city block from the work location, and arriving there the line was ¾ of the way wrapped around the building. I got in line, and it took a good 20 minutes for us to get the coffee. The wait time allowed us to sit and talk for a while. I did finally get Dave home safe and sound.

            I did not do much for the rest of the day, other than my homework for the bible study, I did read from revelations. I read from revelations first, then I read from the book I have that helps explain some of revelations. It does not explain everything, but it helps.

            I was able to get the grandkids home from school safely and that was really all my excitement for the day. Today will be a lot like yesterday, without getting the kids or Dave.

We did get ¼ inch rain yesterday and there was a lot of wind. I am considering turning the sprinkler system on after this cold spell leaves. I have been in negotiations with my favorite grandson for some lawn work. I need to get him use to the string trimmer; I might be able to provide the necessary training by allowing him to trim the ditch behind the back 40.

            It was too cool and windy for this ole person to sit outside yesterday, so we stayed inside. A friend who has been dropping by on Friday afternoons and sitting outside with us came over, and we all sat inside. Discussions inside the house can be as lively as outside!

            If you will allow, I have a photo that might explain itself.

            I know, you all thought I was the only lazy one here at the Ford’s Homestead and that I was the only one who took naps. Well, as you can see in the photo, Molly takes naps too. The sun was shining and the ground was warm, perfect conditions for a short nap.

            Well, I guess that is all for now, we hope your day is pleasant, productive and safe.

Caffeine addicted.

Senior ole retired person who will get some caffeine in a minute, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: