Translate

Monday, March 20, 2023

March 20, 2023

            I would assume that you think since this is the day that spring is supposed to begin, I believe at 4:24pm, that I would be talking about spring. Nope, I will not be talking about spring starting today, or the fact that it was 28 degrees yesterday. I think I will talk about me.

            What could I say about me that you don’t know, or that you might be interested in. Allow me to talk about my beginning, aka birth, and a little about my child hood. I was very young when I was born, and I don’t remember anything about my, “coming out party”.

There is a good chance that it was a surprise to my parents when they found out that they were going to have another kid. My parents already had 6 kids, and the youngest of the 6 was 7 years old when I popped out. The 7th child, and there was 7 years between me and my brother.

            When I was 7 years old, we lived at 714 College Street. I remember I got a bike for my 7th birthday, and Mom told me that my brother Jack, who was 7 years older than me, got a trike for his 7th birthday. Maybe I was more advanced than my brother at the age of 7 years old, but most likely, I was taller than he was at 7.

            There seems to be a lot of sevens in the above comments, heck the year I was born has a 7 in it.

            Allow me to alter the topic; still using me as the discussion point, this week I do not have any scheduled visits to the doctor or to the dentist, nice. But next week I get to go back for another surgery. Yep, I think she likes to cut on this ole body. I know you are not interested in me getting cut on, but since this is my ole blog, I will write want I want to. This time she will be cutting on my left hand. They took a sample the last time I was there, and it is now healed up, and they re going to cut on it again. Well, at least they are leaving my face alone for now.

            I will get the kids from school today, and we do have Bible study tonight, so I do have a couple things to look forward to.

            Changing the subject; weed killer, it worked. The weed killer that I had sprayed on the weeds and grass in the #2 berry bed has killed the weeds. Yesterday I took my new hoe to the #2 bed to see if I could remove the weeds. I was able to get some of them out of the ground, but I will need to get down on my hands and knees to get the dead uprooted weeds out of the dirt. Never any rest for the ole senior retired people. It is supposed to warm up this week so I will attempt a complete removal on a warm day. 

            Another subject: I have decided to start using the lawn sprinklers again, so the water bill will increase. I think we are still on a twice a week max, as the drought has not officially been removed. I think lake Waco is still very low so we need some rain to fill the lake up.

            Change topic again: it has been said the Trump will be here at the Waco airport for his first official presidential rally. They were talking about this on TV this morning, saying that security will be very high. I do like the way Trump got things done, but not him personally.

            Well, I guess I can stop for now, we hope your day is fun and safe, try to be nice to at least one person today. 

Number 7 seems important

Senior ole retired person who will not have 7 cookies today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: