Translate

Sunday, March 26, 2023

March 26, 2023

            Hello to you, my favorite reader, I hope your day is going well for you. My day seems to be ok, nothing big in my plans for the day. I know you don’t care about what I did yesterday or today so please stop reading now and go do something fun, or at least restful, because I am just going to talk about myself.

            Yesterday was Saturday and all morning I was thinking it was Sunday. I received a call from my little sister back in Missouri where I wished her an early Happy Birthday, I think she is 29 years old again today. Wow, how can a person be 29 for that many times?

I did decide to go out back and see if I could mow the back 40. As usual there was things that needed to be done before I could get on the Ford’s ole riding mower and mow. I, played pick-up-sticks, rolled up the hose, rolled up the extension cord, removed Poopa-Loopa, picked up dog toys, removed the cover from the riding mower, disconnected the solar powered battery charger from the riding mower, brought the ole mower to the air compressor to check the tire pressures.

            I had to search for the digital air gage and when I found it, it would not work. I would check for air in the tire and it would come up 00. The other air gages, you know the type, they are metal and look kinda like a pencil, they would not register pressures at 10 and 14 pound. The big tires on the back take 10 pounds of air, while the smaller front tires take 14 pounds of air. All I could do was guess if the pressure was even close.

            Now one might think having the wrong air pressure in a tire isn’t a big deal, and that is what I use to think. I learned that having different amounts of air in the tires changed the height and level of the mowing blades. Example, 10 pounds of air in one back tire, and 5 pounds in the other did not look different, but when you mowed one side of the mower was lower than the other and that showed up in the grass.

            So I guessed at the air pressure and mowed, the grass looked ok, but it did not look manicured! 

            I wanted to weed eat the ditch, but I decided to go to the store and get a new digital pressure gage ($12.86). There goes my $5.00 stipend, and my first wife will need to gather a bunch of aluminum cans due to the excessive cost of the gage. Heck she will probably be out all night looking for cans, that means I will be sleeping alone, and I don’t like to sleep alone.

            Trump was in Waco yesterday, and they had his entire speech on the TV. I watched the first 3 or 4 minutes, then I decided to go outside and read from my book on Revelations.

            Today, I hope to complete the weed pulling from the Jasmine bed, and I would like to weed eat the back ditch. I am not sure, but after crawling around on my hands and knees pulling weeds, I will likely not be in the mood to weed eat. 

            I guess I will quit writing, we hope your day is filled with goodness and that everyone stays safe.

Happy Birthday Becky

Senior ole person who needs coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: