Translate

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

March 29, 2023

            Well, I lived through the hand surgery yesterday, and the doctor told me that I am not allowed to wash dishes for two weeks, she even offered to give me a note for my favorite wife. The doctor removed the skin cancer which left a hole in my hand about the size of a dime. Then she decided to transplant some skin onto the hole, aka a skin graft. Then she stitched it all up.

I have two photos, one of the bandages that is on my hand. I warn you, about the second photo, it is of the cut with the stitches, it isn’t easy for some to see. The second photo will be toward the bottom of this posting.


            I am not supposed to wash dishes, you know, not get the bandage wet. Well, how do I take a shower, wash my hair and other parts of my body. My wife has suggested a plastic bag to cover the bandage. No, she will not give me a bath! Darn it!

            Yes, it hurts when I do certain things. It is amazing how something as small as this incision can cause me this many problems, what if I had a major injury, I would probably be a crybaby. I have been told to keep this on for a week, and I am supposed to go back in a week for them to look at this, and probably re-bandage it for another week. After two weeks they will remove the stitches. 

            It is raining this morning, I was going to have Alex come over and mow the front yard this afternoon, if the grass is dry enough. Entering data isn’t too bad, just an occasional pain.

This photo was taken by the doctor and she wanted to get the picture that was hanging on the wall, as a back ground for this photo.


 
            That’s it for now, I hope your day is cut free, filled with friends, and safe.

Crybaby Don

Senior ole person who is handicap, for now, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: