Translate

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

March 14, 2023

            Here I am, starting my day sitting at the ole desk, entering data into the ole computer, and I am thinking about what I need to do at 9:45 this morning, “go to the dentist”. Yep, he wants to drill into one of my teeth and put a new filling in there, I guess he needs to make some money.

            I am back, I had to feed the Tres, he can be demanding when he wants to eat.

            Today I want to talk about distractions. Now there are many things that can distract a person, heck being an attractive older gentleman like myself, can be a distraction to a young lady, at least I would like to think that was so.

            Yesterday I had headed out to the back 40 and I wanted to cut down the grass and weeds in the #2 berry bed, then I wanted to spray weed killer on the shortened weeds, and later, when the weeds were dead, I could pull them out of the ground. Before you ask, no I would not let the weed killer get on the berry vines, and yes I have done this carefully in the past and have not damaged the berry vines.

            I started using the gas powered string trimmer in the open areas around the vines, with the thought I would use a different tool to get closer to the vines. When I had done all I could in the #2 bed, I did not stop, I trimmed around the shed, the green house, along the fence, then along all the flower beds, and the other berry beds. Wow, I had trimmed all the back 40!

Then I thought, heck I might as well mow the back 40, so I get the riding mower out. Mower gassed up, I remembered I had not yet removed the Poopa-Loopa, and I needed to roll up the hose, wow there is always something to do. I then jumped on the riding mower and carefully mowed the back 40, yes it does look better.

All that work done, did I go back to the #2 berry bed and complete the cutting of the weeds and spraying of the weed killer, nope I did not.

Oh, I thought you might ask what I did instead of the #2 bed, are you even paying attention to what I am writing?

Ok you didn’t ask but I will tell you anyway! I took the Ford’s ole red wagon, which needs some red paint on it, and I put three round cement blocks in it. Then I pulled the ole red wagon to the front yard where I place the round cement blocks near a bird bath. These blocks may be used to get to the bird bath without walking in the Jasmin vines, that is if the vines grow back.

I returned the ole red wagon to its parking place int the back 40. I was tired of all the work I had done so I put the tools away and headed inside the Ford’s homestead. Now as I see it, that is being distracted, or, it might be that an ole senior person does the easy work and hopes the other work disappears. 

Well, I will stop this writing as I am possibly distracting you from something you should be doing. We hope you have a good day, stay safe and stay focused.

Distracting senior

Senior ole person who starts one thing, and does something else, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: