Translate

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

March 22, 2023

            Today is Wednesday, and it is still wet outside but it has warmed up a lot. I have set here at this ole computer this morning trying to update information for my email. I do not like doing that, but I guess it is necessary. Think about it, no one at the email place cares if my info is correct or not, but the robot checks things out and takes care of all the things that humans can’t, or don’t want to do. Robots, they are here, and they will be taking over soon.

            Now that I am tired I just want to get a cup of homemade coffee and sit on the Ford’s ole recliner, but being the energetic person I am, I will forgo the homemade coffee and sitting, to enlighten you, my favorite reader of this posting.

            My first wife and I have discussed a certain topic several times lately, and I have come up with an answer.

The topic: How we met 55 years ago. I have a hypothesis which I will present in a couple minutes as to why we met 55 years ago.

How we met, by Don the Ford

            I was in a vehicle riding around with a young lady whose first name was Ruth. Now how I got to know this young lady is a complete mystery to me and to my favorite wife. Heck I have no idea why she was letting me ride around with her in her car. It turns out that Ruth and Donna (Donna is my first wife) were best friends and lived close to each other.

Ruth noted that she needed to go pick up her friend who was at church, that was in a small town about 8 miles down the road. We drove down to Scott City and arrived at the church. Ruth’s friend came out and got into the car. I was sitting in between two young ladies, and we headed back to Cape Girardeau. I do not remember any other part of that night, but that is how I met my favorite wife.

Why we met: I now believe it was meant to be, that I was supposed to have Donna as my wife, I see it as a gift from God!

Now you know why she is my favorite wife!

Topic change; we have had wet weather most of the day yesterday and it is still here today. The rain gage does not show even a tenth of an inch, but everything is wet. They say there might be some sun shine this afternoon, which would be nice. The only thing I have on my schedule is to pick up Dave and the kids, along with some reading from Revelations.

We hope your day is filled with friends and happiness, please stay safe. Meant to Be!

Senior ole retired person who is going to get a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: