Translate

Thursday, March 23, 2023

March 23, 2023

            I wish I had something to write about today, but I don’t. You might know how it is for ole senior persons, we have nothing to talk about, which means I have nothing to write about. I guess it would be better if we didn’t get old, but if we didn’t get old we would not be here and we still would not have anything to write about. Wow, ole people can’t win for losing!

            We have had a yellow cat hanging around our homestead lately. This cat has aggravated Molly a couple times so we would like for it to go away. As I understand it, the animal control person, aka dog catcher, will not catch these cats. I was told that if you catch it, the city dog catcher will take it and have it fixed then turn it loose again. Anyway, I checked the security cameras from last night and the cat was resting on one of the chairs on the front porch.

            : I do need to get out and water the berries today, but I still want to remove the dead weeds and grass from the #2 bed. Can this ole senior body do both? I did water the plants in the green house yesterday, and I will be bringing them out soon, I think the chance of a freeze is going away.

            The back 40 needs to be mowed and the ditch needs to be weeded too. I might be able to talk my grandson into working this weekend, if he doesn’t have too many games on the computer to play. I guess I can do it myself if I have to.

            Alternate topic: I did put some bird food out yesterday and the squirrels have been enjoying it. I just saw a squirrel on one of the bird feeders attempting to get a meal. I wish the squirrels would move away.

            Alternate topic: I have a tendency to occasionally, actually think of things. Yes, they are often odd things, and yesterday’s thought, I would say, was odd. I have been known to aggravate the grandkids and the boyfriend with words as we drive home after school.

The word cook came to me, and as I considered the word cook, I thought, it most often means, “to prepare something to eat”. I guess one could use the word cook, in a different way, “to cook up a plan to do something,” where cook = prepare.

            Now we have the word cooker, to possibly mean, “the person preparing the food, or a cooker could be, “the pot that something is being cooked in.”

            Then we have the word cooking, which is, “the process of preparing something”.

            Where the heck did they come up with the word cookie? Cookie has no meaning; it isn’t preparing anything; you can’t prepare anything in it. I wish the people who invent words would take the time to consider how odd the words they invent sound!

            As I stated earlier, I have nothing to write about today so I will go get a cup of homemade coffee and consider the things I might not do today. We hope you have a blessed day, and that also means stay safe.

Cook, cooker, cooking, cookie?

Senor or senior ole person who needs something to write about, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: