Translate

Friday, March 10, 2023

March 10, 2023

            I did nothing yesterday, except for spreading fertilizer on the Jasmin beds, and also spraying some salt water on the beds. I have a photo for your edification and will post it in a little while. When you see the photo, you may wonder where the Jasmin is. Well, I have cut it down, and removed a bunch of the vines, in an effort to get to the ole acorns. I say ole acorns, as there are some that appear to have been there for years. Some are black, others are brown, and there are as many caps as there are acorns.


            One might ask, “where is the Jasmin?” As I see it, that is a good question. In the past I have used a lawn mower to mow down these plants, and I have also used a string trimmer, they, in the past, have always came back. This year I may have been a little more severe in the removal, but it had to be done to get to the acorns. I should have taken a photo of the acorns prior to removal, the acorns were covering the dirt, at times two or three deep. I don’t know how the Jasmin was able to get into the ground.

            Now there is an item in the lower center of the photo, it is a piece of a tree limb that was painted to look like a piece of watermelon, years ago. The paint has faded as it has been hidden under the Jasmin. Close up photo to follow, I know you don’t care, but since I write this, I can put whatever I want in the article!


            If someone was to look at the ground around, “the watermelon artwork”, and it is “artistic work”, one could see the vines as I had not removed them as severely from this area.

            Today is Friday, and I do have a thing I want to do this morning, I want to go to the store and purchase a new hoe. I am not sure where I will go, but I want one with a long handle.

            Heck, if I am out and about, I could go by the booze place and see if they are open. Don’t ask, yes, I have already had a real cup of coffee and a burrito this morning.

            I was able to take the trailer and tiller over to David’s house yesterday, and it only took two tries to back it into his driveway, which by the way the drive is up hill. Alex wants the tiller to work on his garden.

            My favorite wife and I went to the George restaurant yesterday afternoon, the food was very good, and the server was even better. Yes, I gave her a good tip, I said,” Don’t take any wooden nickel’s”! Yes, that is a tip from the olden days, but it is still a good tip.

            When my first wife and I got back home we went outside to sit and enjoy the nice evening. As soon as we sat down it began to sprinkle rain, so we moved to the front porch, and shortly after positioning ourselves on the front porch, the rain stopped.

            We did get some storms and rain last night, I slept through the storm and rain, we did get almost two tenths of an inch of rain.

            Well, I guess I will stop creating this wonderful article, and get some rest, we hope your day is filled with love and kindness, also be safe.

Jasmin remover extraordinaire

Senior ole person who has lots of thoughts and no funding, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: