Translate

Saturday, March 11, 2023

March 11, 2023

            I went to three different places yesterday trying to buy a dual-purpose hoe that has a Fork on one side and the hoe on the other. The first place I went did not have one, the second place had one, but I did not like the feel of it, and the third place had one at the same price, but it had a better feel to it. I had a gift card that I had received as a Christmas present, which covered the cost, with some funding left over. Photo to follow.

When I got it home, I learned that the hoe portion was dull, it did not want to dig into the dirt. Now I learned from my mom, that all hoes should be sharp enough to cut the head off a snake, with one blow of the hoe. My Mom never saw a snake that she liked, and when possible, she would decapitate the snake (aka cut the head off). Dull hoe means, I will need to get the grinder out today and sharpen the hoe side. The fork side was good.

During the process of looking for a dual-purpose hoe, I passed by the booze store, and it was still closed, I still assume they have closed for spring break.

About that time my son Dave called, and I headed out of Waco to get him from work. After picking him up at work, he wanted to stop at a Mexican fast-food place to get some food for him and the kids. After dropping him off at home, I decided, since I was back in Hewitt I would go to my homestead and partake in my Mexican lunch, which was leftover Chicken Fajitas from yesterday’s visit to the restaurant.

Completing the left-over meal, and it was good, I decided to take a nap, assuming that my first wife would be home from shopping in a little while.

Nap over, I proceeded to enjoy my daily reading of the bible. Completing that I decided I was going to go back to Waco and go to the Harbor store, they had a sale going on, and the item I want was $7.99, I wanted two of them. Before leaving the homestead, I called my favorite wife to see how soon she would be home. I explained that I was going to the Harbor store, and she would likely be home before me.

I went down to the Harbor store and bought the two solar powered rope lights, just like the ones I have on the black berry beds. These two I plan to put under the roof of the back patio. They will come on at dark and go off at daylight, and while the lights on the black berry beds flash all night, these will be on steady all night. Yes, light on the patio powered by the sun. I do not expect as much free light at night as the porch light would provide, but there will be some light.

Now I did use the same gift card to purchase these two rope lights and I now have .25 cents on the card to spend. Not sure what I can get for .25 cents.

There is a booze place down by the Harbor store, so I decided to go to it, and it was open. I purchased a bottle of adult beverage, and it was one dollar less than what I normally pay for it. That booze store is not as well organized as my usual store.

I did make it back home safely, and I was surprised that my present wife was not home yet. I went to Waco twice, and still beat her home!

Later in the day our newest neighbor was out in their front yard watching her son ride his bike. My favorite wife and a neighbor lady went over and talked with the neighbor. I sat on my ole rocker on the driveway, while Tres lay in the grass. The neighbor’s boy came over to the driveway several times and each time the Tres was barking at him. Tres was finally accepting the boy without barking.

Even though it was a little cool my present wife and I sat outside for a while, as she was talking to a friend on the phone.

Well, now you know what I / we did yesterday, we hope you have a nice work free day today, filled with friends, and please be safe. 

 Solar powered free light

Senior rope light installer, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: