Translate

Sunday, March 12, 2023

March 12, 2023

            Yesterday was a very warm day, my ole kind of smart phone indicated that we were at 86 degrees when we, my favorite wife and I, washed the dog. Yep, it was about 4:00pm when I became aware that it was warm enough to wash the dog. Actually, I had just woke up from my nap, after all the grueling work I performed, in the Ford’s ole garage.

            How did this all start? Our neighbor's kid had come over several times on Friday afternoon allowing Tres to get to know him, and during these visits I was sitting on the Ford’s ole rocker taking it easy. Now this boy is probably 7 or 8 years old, and he looked in the Ford’s ole garage saying something to the effect, you got a lot of stuff in there, and it is messy. Now when a young boy comments negatively on the condition of one’s garage, one should take notice.

            Saturday, I had planned on sharpening the new hoe blade, using the Ford’s ole grinder. Now to get to the Ford’s ole grinder I would need to move, one electric bike, two chairs, and all the small items on the work bench in front of the grinder.

            Well, as one might imagine moving these items allowed me to see the leaves and dirt on the floor, so I then decided to sweep and do some cleaning. Things that needed to be removed prior to cleaning and sweeping, two fans one large one small, a cart loaded with items and junk, a container with walking sticks, rakes and other long handled items, a compressor, a step stool, a 5-foot-tall toolbox, the drill press, the homemade coat rack, and a seat with wheels on it. Were there other items, probably, and the driveway was full, heck it looked like we were having a garage sell.

            First, I cleaned the window and the blinds, I was able to get to it after items were moved. Then I began to sweep the floor, small areas at a time. I found some items that I could place in the cabinet at the back of the garage, like a backpack and a leather motorcycle jacket. I swept the floors, and under the work bench there was a lot of debris, which gets blown in from outside. I cleaned about half the work bench off and I could now get to the grinder. After sweeping the area I got the shop vac and vacuumed the same area.

            Each item was cleaned, at least dusted off, prior to replacing it. I attempted to place the items in a more organized manner, making better use of the area. It does look better and is cleaner, there is about half of the workbench that still needs to be cleaned and organized.

            Completing the above project, my ole body was able to get to the Ford’s ole recliner and… you go back to the top of this posting and see how it all started.

            I didn’t even note that all the time I was doing that back breaking cleanup, my first wife was putting out easter type decorations in the front yard.

            All the cleaning done (garage and dog) we expected to have company over to sit outside and discuss world problems. Three friends arrived around 5:00 and there were lively conversations, along with a cold adult beverage, or two. I did miss out on the Three Stooges due to enjoying time with friends and my favorite wife.

            Please allow me to alter the subject: I have observed some blooms on a couple of the black berries, photos to follow.



            We not only have daylight saving time, but we also have spring too.

            On a different subject, I did install two solar powered rope lights on the back patio yesterday. They make enough light that one could sit out back enjoying the evening but not enough to read a book. Photo to follow.

            The orange-colored light in the center is a battery powered lantern on the table.

            Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a very good day, stay safe and don’t work too hard.

Workaholic that must be me!

Senior ole person who has nothing to do again today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: