Translate

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Neat clouds 04.27.2022

            As I staggered out of the Ford's Homestead this morning, you know ole people stagger a lot, and before you ask, "No, I did not have an adult beverage", I observed a few clouds that I thought were interesting. Photo to follow.


                                                           

            I have often wondered how clouds get their shapes. We know they are made of moister, but how does the wind form them into all these different shapes?

            Well, I was able to think about the clouds in the sky, and since I was that close to heaven, I thanked the Lord for the beginning of what will be, a very nice day.

            Adjusting the topic, a little; what did the Don do yesterday, they asked? The Don, not being able to get the boards he needed to make the shelves in the ole hot house, and not having enough scrap lumber to work on the project, he decided to use a different wood, photo to follow.



           Cedar is more expensive than the wood fence planks! If you don't have what you need, then you improvise and use what you do have. The photos above show what I had decided to attempt to use, as a top shelf, for the tall shelf frame. This wood is normally used in closets, and in wood chests (cedar chests).

            Since I was not planning on placing any heavy items on the tall shelf, and since the planks are tongue-in-groove, they seemed to be acceptable for the top shelf. I did need to do some cutting; I used a hand saw. Allow me to present two more photos of the project.



                                               

            The first photo shows the cedar after being located on top of the rack. The second photo shows the rack in use. Note: there is a way to hang things under the top shelf. You are correct, the Don does good work!

            The Don was also allowed to do some other work in the front yard and back 40. In the back 40 he was able to get some of the black berry vines, that were hanging out in the way of a person mowing, secured in positions that would allow him to walk around the plants and even mow.

            In the front yard, he was allowed to place a block at the north end of the porch. this block acts as a step for ole people to get on and off the porch. He also placed some other bocks in the new Jasmine bed allowing anyone to get to the bench, which is in the middle of the bed, without stepping on the plants.

            I was also allowed to replant a flower for my favorite wife, and water a couple hanging plants that did not get watered during the recent rain.

            Well, I need to get going and take the grand kids to school, and I just might stop and get a burrito on the way back home. 😊

 

Be there for your friends!

 

Senior retired person who is still kicking around, Don the Ford

No comments: