Translate

Thursday, April 7, 2022

#1 and #2 bloom 04.07.2022

            Yes, they have now started! We usually start out with one or two, and then they all show up. I do have a couple photos to enhance this soon to be wonder filled article, so set back, relax, get a cup of coffee, and prepare to be enlightened.

            But first, allow me to post a photo of me. Yes, I know, seeing me usually makes your day, and that is want I am hoping to do now. This photo of me was taken yesterday and I have a shirt from the olden days on. This shirt is from my past employer and it indicates 5 years of safety.


            It is a long-sleeved shirt and it looks very nice on this ole senior! What? You did it again. I present a photo of me with a shirt, and you ask, “if that is a drone hanging on the cabinet door?” I give up, I don’t know why I even try to enhance the lives of the reading public.

                                                                                                                                                 

            Now that I have calmed down some, allow me to change subject matter. Yesterday, I went outside a couple times thinking that I would get started on a couple projects. One project was to water all the plants in pots. The wind was blowing so hard (at times 40 mph) that I went back into the house and did nothing. Do you know how boring doing nothing is, for a senior person? Well, I do, it is very boring!

            Later in the afternoon, after dropping Alex off at his home, I returned to the Ford’s Homestead where the wind was still blowing, but not as bad. I then watered the plants in the pots, front and back yards, and the black berries were also watered. During the watering process, I observed a couple blooms in bed #1 and #2. Photos to follow.


           It won’t be long now, till I start getting my ole senior hands stuck by the thorns, as I try to pick the berries.

            One other topic and then I will leave you alone! The red oak trees are shedding those green things that are loaded with pollen. With all the wind, that stuff is going everywhere. I swept the garage one time, and I used the blower a couple times. The wind kept pushing the debris on the drive way, and into the garage. There is no rest for the ole senior people.

Have a safe day!

Senior ole person who needs to be working outside if the wind lets up, Don the Ford

           

No comments: