Translate

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Senior dog washer 04.21.2022

            What did the seniors at the Ford homestead do yesterday, we washed the dog, but that is none of your business? What we did is not important to you, what you didn’t do yesterday, should be important to you?

            It was late in the afternoon on a Wednesday, I had worked outside most of the day trimming weeds and mowing the back 40. It was difficult work, as I use the electric string trimmer, and it is heavier than the gas trimmer. I did not have any gas for the gas-powered unit. The electric trimmer does a good job, but it requires more work from the operator.

            Speaking of operators, in the olden days they had phone operators, do they have operators any more, and if they do are they real people? Wow, something else for this senior person to consider!

            Let’s get back on track; my wife of more than half a century went to the stores attempting to purchase some food for us seniors. When she returned home, she put away the couple food items that we could afford, and with tears in her eyes she finished cleaning the homestead.

            At about 5:00 we decided to head outside even though the day was hot and windy, we sat there while discussing the world problems, as we enjoyed a cold drink. It was a little after 6:00 when we headed into the homestead and that is when a friend dropped in. My first wife and her friend discussed several topics, I was not invited into the discussion, so I took it upon myself to enjoy a few bites of food for my supper.

            When the friend exited the homestead, I suggested to my present spouse, “we could wash the dog”. My favorite wife considered our options, then she decided that we should perform a wash job on the pot hound. Tres seem to enjoy the washing.

            After the washing we toured the back 40, reviewing the berry beds. There are plenty of blooms and lots of green berries. We also observed some flowers blooming, photo to follow.


 
           After touring the back 40 I was allowed to reenter the homestead and wash the few dishes that were in the sink, before I was allowed to sit down and rest. What a day for a day dream!

            Ole people have nothing to do all day, they just sit around.

Fill your day with joy!

Senior ole person who has a project or two for today, Don the Ford

No comments: