Translate

Saturday, April 2, 2022

Calendar change 04.02.2022

            This morning I discovered that I am not only an April fool, I am, or was, a March fool. Yep, I had not turned the page on the calendar and it was still March. The calendar has now been changed, and I am as up to date as I will ever be.

            I came into the Fords ole office area this morning, turned on the security monitors so I could keep an eye on the front porch, I had the front door open and not being in the TV room I wanted to be sure that no one would attempt to enter the Ford's ole house without me knowing.

            I was surprised as there was a male Sparrow sitting on the ledge above the area where a bird residence hangs. He was not doing much, he would stretch a wing, maybe scratch and then just sit there waiting, I can only assume that his mate was on the nest in the bird residence, and he was required to stay outside.

            The sparrows are flying back and forth from the bird residence now, I do not know if they already have young, and are bringing food for the little ones, or if they are building a nest.

            Enough about the birds, let's talk about me. Yesterday I did spray weed and grass killer on the area of the soon to be new flower bed. There are still some roots that I want to kill and remove before tilling it up. I did also go through this area and pull out of the ground any acorns I could see. Acorns get stepped on, pushed into the ground, and that basically plants them, which encourages them to grow. The front yard has at least 100 trees growing at this time.


     
       I didn't say they were big trees, they are the beginning of a red oak forest, but I will mow them down enough times that they finally give up. I like the grown red oaks; I wish we did not have the acorns.

            Yesterday, I did weed eat the back 40 and along the fence at the ditch. The city usually has the ditch sprayed in early spring with weed killer, but they try to stay away from the fences, so I get to trim the fence line. Heck, the weed killer doesn't work that long and as summer progresses, I trim and or mow the entire ditch.

            I do hope to have the energy to get on the Fords ole riding mower and mow the back yard. A neighbor got a new zero turn mower and I want one but being on a fixed income, it is just a dream. 

            I was allowed to water the flowers in the front yard yesterday, and I am told I can water the flowers in the back 40 today. It is great when ole people are allowed to have fun. 😐

            I plan to get my cars washed today. No, I aint going to wash them! Our grandson Alex's Scout troop is having a car wash today, and I will do my best to take both vehicles and have them washed. I wish they were doing the insides too. The wash site is across from the school on Hewitt drive.

           

sat-her-day

            The name was started because, "she sat all day," then trying to satisfy the female population, they changed the name to Sat-er-day, and later they took out the dashes.

 

Senior silly person who doesn't know everything, but knows enough, Don the Ford

No comments: