Translate

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

He did the work 04.19.2022

            The title line is correct, he did the work and I watched, what a nice day for this senior retired person.

            I had decided to work on building a couple scrap wood shelves for the Ford’s ole hot house. At present we have a couple saw horses with some ole scrap wood 2X4s and these are the shelves for the flowers in the winter. I thought it would be nice to have permanent shelves.

            As I ventured out the back door into the back 40 I noticed this shadow following me. It was my favorite grandson, Alex. He asked what I was doing and I enlightened him. He offered to help, and I accepted. He got the chop saw from the shed, we sat it up in our work shop, and connected it to the electrical cord. Photo of the shop.


            When you are retired and on a fixed income, your shop is not in a nice building, but outside where you have fresh air.

            I showed Alex the measurements and gave him a square, he then marked the 4X4s and cut them with the chop saw. He created 8 posts for me, and he was very safe in operating the saw. That work finished, he returned to the house allowing me to put everything up. I have a photo of the 8 posts.


            Now I will need to get some screws and begin putting the post together with some scrap 2X4s I have.

            As I was laying in bed this morning it came to me, “can I build these two shelves, then be able to get them through the door into the hot house, or, will I put parts together and take the parts into the hot house, completing the assembly inside?” I have a feeling I will do some work inside the hot house.

            I will need to spend money that ole people on a fixed income, find it difficult to acquire. Maybe I can mow a neighbor’s yard, or help out with some other work to earn a few dollars. I not only need some screws; I need a few boards to put on the shelf frame to make the shelf. There is always something to slow a retired person’s work project down. 

            I have another photo which I found interesting. You might need to look close at the black part of the Tres’s back to see the saw dust. Tres was laying near where we were sawing and he was covered with saw dust.

 


            I did use the leaf blower on Tres before he was allowed back into the house.

 

            Well, that is all for now, I will attempt to keep the reading public informed of any progress in this project.

 

My thanks to Alex!

Senior ole person who needs to get going, and take the kids to school, Don the Ford

No comments: