Translate

Friday, April 8, 2022

I did what? 04.08.2022

            I did it, and I can’t remember the last time I had done that. What did I do, I overslept! I remember rolling over and looking at the clock, it was 4:30. I get up at 5:00, so I thought, wow I get another 30 minutes of sleep. The next thing I know, Charlie, the Ford’s ole cat, jumped on the bed and that woke me up. I thought, it must be close to 5:00 so I rolled over. I looked at the clock and had to do a double take, it was 5:40. Yep, I overslept!

            Now we are going to pretend as if someone is reading this post, and they ask, “Why did the Don over sleep”? The answer may be understood, after viewing the photos, and reading the commentary below.  In the first photo, I am trying to indicate the condition of the ground in the area that we hope to soon be a new Jasmine bed. The grass has been removed and the ground is hard.


            In the next photo, I am attempting to show the improved soil condition that this ole senior person was able to accomplish.


            This work took 3.5 hours of non-stop work, to accomplish these results. I did use the Ford’s new light weight tiller. It worked as expected. No, it doesn’t work like a heavy-duty tiller that one would use in the garden. This light weight unit bounces a lot, and you need to go over the same area several times to loosen the dirt. The little tiller put a lot of stress on the arms and back, but it is still better than attempting to use a shovel and hoe.

            (I remember in the olden days, when I was a young lad, people who had gardens would either hire a person who had a team of mules to plow and prepare their garden, or hire a fellow to use a shovel and basically spade up the entire garden area. I bet you can’t find anyone to spade up a garden now.)

            So, I believe, the reason for over sleeping was, my ole body was tired!

            Now there was other work accomplished yesterday, and it was accomplished by my favorite wife. Donna went to the back 40 where she was on her hands and knees, yes, I believe she was praying, and she was also pulling weeds from several flower beds. At the end of her work the Ford’s ole red wagon was full of weeds that she pulled from these beds. I must say the flower beds do look good, she did not go to the berry beds and pull weeds, I guess I will need to do that. My favorite wife has pointed out a couple things that I will be allowed to do, to a couple bushes at both ends of the house.

              My favorite wife will also attempt to find some new Jasmine plants so we can get them started in the new bed.

            Changing the topic; we decided to not go to the usual place for supper last evening, so we decided to go Mexican Food. We had narrowed it down to two places here in Hewitt, and since neither of us would indicate a preference, I flipped a coin. The coin flip indicated the flower named restaurant, so we went to the other restaurant. We should have stayed with the flower café, as the food was ok but not great. The service was good and we got the food very quickly. We did purchase some of their hot sauce, as it is very good and hot!

              Arriving back at home we both procured a drink and we went outside to sit, as we both needed the rest. The pollen from the oak trees was generously falling, and the wind was quite cool, so at the end of the first drink, it was decided that we should go inside.

                             It was a tiring and yet productive day!

What a day we had!

Senior ole person who is still tired but has more to do, Don the Ford

No comments: