Translate

Saturday, April 30, 2022

It is broken 04.30.2022

            Now, as I begin to compose this article, I am aware that some in the reading public are not interested in what I do. For those readers I suggest, stop reading, and do something that you find interesting. As for me, I will enjoy writing about my activities.

            Allow me to start with, it was a cloudy Friday morning, when I staggered out to the Fords ole shed to get the electric weed trimmer, yes, I took a fully charged battery with me. I, with the trimmer in hand, ventured all the way out to the ditch behind the back 40.

            As I had explained in yesterday’s post, I had trimmed half of the ditch with the gas trimmer. Now I need to attempt to trim the other half of the ditch. With a fully charged battery on the trimmer and plenty of string, I began to cut the weeds. I was able to get half of the half, that needed to be cut, cut. Did you understand that statement? I do have a way with words.

            Battery dead, I reverted to the gas-powered trimmer. I was almost finished with the trimming when I broke the trimmer. I was trying to get more string out by tapping the trimmer head on the ground, and that is when I broke the head. That was the start to my Friday.


            After the destruction of my trimer, I decided to go into the city and see if I could get a part to repair the trimmer. Then hopefully while I was in the City, I might get a couple other things I need, like a tire for the riding mower, gas for the Chevy, and bords for the hot house.

            At the home store the boards all looked as if they were culls, you know, the rejected boards, so I did not get any.

            I then went to the tractor store where I did purchase a tire and wheel for the riding mower. They did not have the part for my trimmer repair.


            Hoping to find the part that I need for the trimmer I then went to the new AT… store in Hewitt. They did not have the part for the trimmer, but they did have the tire that I had already purchased, for about $5.00 less.

            Leaving there I went to get gas. When I put my card in the pump it said it would not accept it. I started to leave but then I put the card back into the pump again and it worked.

            Finally, I was back at home, and was able to get a nap in, before I went out back and watered the flowers and berries. I did pick up Alex at school after watering the flowers. What a day I had.

            I am glad you did not waste your time reading this history of my Friday.

Do or do not, you choose!

Senior who does nothing, Don the Ford

No comments: