Translate

Friday, April 29, 2022

Hair oil? 04.29.2022

            For some reason, I began to think about hair oil this morning. Could it have been because I was combing my hair, he asked? Hair oil, do people still use it?

            Back in the olden days, I, as well as many others, use the item known as hair oil. Now that I think about it, it seems a little odd. I would wash my hair and when it was dry, I would put the hair oil on my dry hair and then comb it. The hair oil would hold the hair in place, so you could have a part in your hair, or even a wave, one friend had what we call duck tails, (the top of his hair was combed forward, while the sides were combed to the back of his head, making a duck tail).

            There was a time when I had washed my hair and for some reason forgot to put the hair oil on my head. I remember a girl told me she like my hair. Now I was not good at taking complements back then, and I never get them now. I do remember thinking; I forgot the hair oil and I probably look terrible.

            Enough memories from the olden days, let us see if I can remember what I did yesterday. Yesterday was more or less a repeat of Wednesday, except it was in the back 40 rather than the front yard. I trimmed and mowed the back 40, photo to follow.


            After that grueling work, and while my favorite wife was at a friend’s house enjoying herself, I trimmed half the ditch, photo to follow.


                                                           

            I have several projects for today, and if all goes well, I might get the other half of the ditch trimmed today. I don’t enjoy trimming the ditch, but if it stays cloudy, the work isn’t too bad.

            I need a new tire for the riding mower, so I might attempt to get one today, I need gas in the Ford’s ole chevy, I might try again to get some boards for the hot house project, and I might attempt to get a bottle…

            That is it for now, hope you are blessed with a safe and productive day!

Work, rest, enjoy!

Senior person who is good at resting, Don the Ford

No comments: