Translate

Monday, April 25, 2022

Did nothing Sunday 04.25.2022

            Hay, it is raining here today, nice. I believe everyone is hoping for enough rain to start getting rid of the drought.

            I put out fire ant killer yesterday, covering the entire yard. I assume those of you who have never pushed a spreader, at a quick pace, all over your yard, have no idea of how much work it is. Well, for us senior people, it is a lot of work. The package noted to put it out in the late afternoon, “When it is cool”, and water it.

            Late afternoon in central Texas this time of the year, isn’t cool, and the package did not say how much water to apply. I did run the sprinkler system for 2 minutes on all the areas, and the rain today will finish the watering.

            I did drill two holes in the tall scrap wood soon to be shelf. These holes are one and an eighth inch, through two 2X4s, that was not easy work, but I was able to produce it. I then put a piece of ¾ inch pipe through the holes. It is my intention that if needed, items could be hung on this pipe.

            I needed a couple pipe fittings and I thought I would go to the home store on Sunday and possibly get these items. I have never seen so much traffic on highway 84, it was continual vehicles. Now that I think about it, there is a large church just off highway 84, and it was a few minutes after 12:00, I bet church had just let out.

            Arriving at the home store I went to the lumber area and there was a man picking out the same boards as I needed. He had his cart full, so I went to the plumbing area and found the items I needed. I then proceed back to the lumber area and this fellow was still there inspecting each board and culling the not so good boards.

            I decided to purchase the two pipe fittings, and come back later to get the boards. I walked up to the check out, it looked like Wally world, they had one person checking people out, as they want the customer to do the check out for them self. I looked at the people and items they had and I decided I would not stand in line and wait. I placed the two items on a shelf, and walked out.

            At home, I was allowed to fix the chains on a hanging basket, it looks better now. I did organize a couple boards and some metal fence post, so they are now stacked, making the area look little nicer.

            I have a couple photos that were taken during the spreading of the fire ant killer. One is of a rose bush; the other is of new pop-up black berries in bed number two. These black berries spread like crazy.



                                                  

            I find it interesting that the popup berry plants spread as far as they do. Notice inside the tomato rings at the left of the photo, there is a pop-up berry and that is a good 3 feet from the others.

            That is it, I need to get ready to take the kids to school.

Rain yes, storms no!

Senior retired person who is happy for the rain, Don the Ford

No comments: