Translate

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Wow, what a day 12/12/20

            It was a surprisingly peculiar experience, which I had yesterday afternoon. Now I had been waiting at home all day for a delivery from one of those package delivering companies. Why was I home, well I think I have relayed this info before, but in case I haven't, the package we are expecting is large, and heavy? I would like it to not be left on the front porch, and I would like it to be put into the garage.

            My favorite wife had gone to town and when she returned, I was allowed to leave the homestead. I had planned on three stops before returning to home.

            My first stop would be the dollar tree, if there wasn't a crowd. I had four dollars in quarters to spend, and I intended to get some popcorn. They have good popcorn for a dollar a bag, both Tres and I like it. Donna wanted me to get some small batteries, you know the ones about the size of an aspirin. When I pulled on to the parking lot there was no cars in front of the store, and as I pulled up one car pulled in ahead of me. The fellow got out of his car and walked to the door, he had a key and unlocked the door, which I thought was odd. He stepped inside and then came back out, and locked the door. I asked him if they were closed. He noted that one of the employees had tested positive for the virus and the store is closed.

            I didn't get my popcorn!

            OK, I thought I will head to the star coffee place, there shouldn't be a line in the drive through this late in the day. Traffic was crazy on Hewitt drive, and when I arrived at the star there was a line all the way around the place. I thought it will probably move quickly, I was wrong! I sat in line for about 8 minutes and my vehicle moved 5 car lengths, I had not made it to the back of the store yet. I pulled out of line and left!

            No coffee for me!

            My last scheduled stop would be at the teller machine. I rounded the corner and I could see the object of my destination in sight! What is that, I thought? There is a red light on the teller machine. Red lite means, it is not working!

            I did not get any money!

 

Wow, what a day, I left home with three destinations in mind, and I returned home with nothing in hand. I guess that makes it a perfect day! 😊

 

Haven't got it, didn't need it!

Senior retired person who went looking but did not find, Don the Ford

No comments: