Translate

Friday, December 18, 2020

Another Friday 12/18/2020

            Yep, it is just another Friday, and what will I be doing today, I hope to wrap the gift I got for my first wife. I can’t say what I bought her as she evaluates these rants of mine, but I did get it at the Dollar store. It is nice to be able to get a nice gift for one dollar!

            I was allowed to vacuum the leaves from the front yard yesterday afternoon. We have three oak trees and two of them have lost most of their leaves, but one is taking its sweet time. This morning as I looked outside, I noticed that about one third of the lawn is being covered with red and yellow leaves, again.

            While I was cleaning up after the yard work yesterday, I noticed a squirrel nest in one of our trees. This nest is out on the end of a limb, and did not look very secure to me. I am glad I am not sleeping in that nest.

 


                                                            

            While the Tres and I were walking the other day I found a quarter, it was tails up. Now everyone knows a penny found heads up is good luck. If you find a quarter tails up, is that 25 days of bad luck?

            Topic change, they are putting a new roof on the neighbor’s house today. I moved the Ford’s ole pickup out of the driveway to avoid any injuries to the Ford’s ole Chevy. They just pulled into my new driveway using a forklift and a pallet of roofing. I should get a few dollars for the use of the Ford’s ole new driveway!

            Today, I need to go into the city “Waco”, I will need to get a bottle of adult beverage, and pick up some shirts from the cleaners. Hopefully, it will warm up enough for the Tres and I to go for a walk today. 

            Topic change; I have decorated the Ford’s ole office for Christmas and thought I would post a photo. Do not feel sorry for me, we are retired and on a fixed income and can’t afford all the items that real people have!


                                   

 

Get ready, Christmas is coming!

 

Senior office decorator and happy to be, “Silly Grandpa”, Don the Ford

No comments: