Translate

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Another day… 12/09/2020

            As the title line states, it is, "Another day", but what day is it? In the olden days (in this case, olden days was a year ago) we here at the Ford Homestead had somewhat of a schedule, and the schedule helped me understand what day it is. There were days that we regularly went to the grocery store, or possibly mowed the yard, we would go out to eat on certain days and with those events we knew what day it was. Now days, I have to look at the calendar, or look at the somewhat smart phone to know what day it is.

            Part of my regular schedule was happy time, that has changed, heck sitting inside the house with a cold drink is not fun. There were certain so-called news programs that I daily watched, now they just irritate me, so I turn them off. I would regularly watch TV in our bed room after supper, last evening I went into the bed room and didn't even turn the TV on. Actually, it wasn't bad, I enjoyed thinking about things and sleep came easily. 😊

            Yesterday I talked with a neighbor and the subject of leaves in the yards came up. I noted that I have vacuumed my yard 4 or 5 times. The neighbor said that he was going to do his yard one time. I didn't tell him, vacuuming the yard keeps me busy, and it provides some exercised.

            Christmas this year, isn't even close to what it had been in the past. Heck, my spouse only put up three trees this year. 😊

            Topic change; yesterday I started a scrap wood project, and I messed a part of it up, but instead of throwing things, I just stopped the project and put things away. I was not happy, but I did not blow up! 😐 Maybe, just maybe I will start it again today.

            We were supposed to get a package delivered yesterday; it did not come. I stayed home all day as the package is heavy and big, I want to be here when they deliver it, so it could be taken to the garage. I tried to track it this morning but no luck, the site just said it should be delivered December 8th. I think that was yesterday. Now, do I stay home again today, I do need to go to the Wal store for a couple items.

            It is supposed to get close to 80 degrees here today, Tres needs a wash job.

            80 + Tres, that sounds wet to me.

 

Mask not, and ye will get sick!

 

Senior retired person who needs a daily and weekly schedule, Don the Ford

No comments: