Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

He said what 03.28.18

               I remember my dad telling me something about working. Dad said, “Let the tool do the work”!
               Now you might say, “Everyone knows that you let the tool do the work”, but do they understand what that means. This was first told to me when I was about 16 years old. There was a large tree limb that needed to be cut into smaller pieces so it could be hauled off. We being poor citizens did not have a chain saw. What dad had was a two man saw, as seen in the drawing below. That is me on the right!
              
               We were cutting the limb and I was supposed to pull the saw to me, then dad would pull the saw to him. It seems as if I was pulling and pushing, in other words, doing extra work. That is when Dad said, let the tool do the work. He was saying don’t get in a hurry, let the saw cut the wood and only do your part of the work.
               I was using a hand saw yesterday, and before you ask, no it wasn’t a saw to cut someone’s hand off! Why do you come up with these silly questions? A hand saw is a saw that requires one to push and pull the saw using their hand. It is not electric. Now do you understand?
               Let me start over, I was using a hand saw yesterday, and as I cut the wood I thought of what dad said, “Let the tool do the work”! That saying does keep me from straining sometimes.

Now to a different subject. In my previous article I had referenced what I observed in the tree limbs. I also said I would provide a close up of Natures Art! See the photo below. For more info refer to the previous posting.


May your day be filled with Natures Art!       

Don Ford

No comments: