Translate

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Clean and toss 03.01.18

                Why is it this title finds so many of us unable to either, understand what it means, or to participate in the process. How many times have you decided to clean up a desk, work bench, garage, a junk drawer, or other area but you find it difficult to actually toss anything, although you may clean a little. I have, in the past decided to clean and toss misc. items from my work bench. I find a piece of wire about 18 inches long and although it should be tossed, that voice inside me says, “Don’t toss it, you might need it, save it”, and it does not get tossed!
                Personally I believe that many of us have that problem. So yesterday I tried to clean and toss my desk.  Would you believe, all those years in the CIA, caused me to think I needed to have too much equipment on my desk? Photo to follow.



                As I have stated in the past, my monitor was going south in a hurry. I searched the web for a good deal or at least a fair deal. I decided on a 27 inch Dell monitor. I had even made arrangements with a lending institution (I believe the name was Play Day Loans) to acquire the funds for the purchase price.
                The store did not open until 10:00am and the old monitor was blinking on and off much too often. I decided to make room for the new monitor, so I began the process of removing the old and trying to understand where all those wires go. There are wires that go to my HF radio, but aren’t being used right now, and many other wires.
                I repositioned the Ford’s old laptop into the center of the desk, approximately where the Ford’s old monitor was positioned. Not bad, I thought. I decided to try it for a few minutes and see if I could possibly do without the cost of a new monitor.
                     
                Right now, I am using the lap top, the desk is much cleaner and less congested. I may not purchase a monitor.

May your desk be as clean as your mind or…!

Don Ford

No comments: