Translate

Monday, March 12, 2018

A place in between 03.12.18

               I am writing about something that occurs with me, but I do not completely understand.
               Before I get into this subject I want to repeat a comment that I have made many times in the past. I write these postings because I want to. For some reason, I enjoy writing about almost anything. I do not want to be a pain by filling mail boxes with messages indicating another posting, that you do not want, or do not have time to read. I have decided to email less often, and usually after several postings. If you would like to be dropped from the email list send me a note and I will take your email address off the list. If you know someone that would like to be on the mailing list, have them send me a note and I will add them to the list. 
               The title, “A place in between”, has to do with an area between being awake and being asleep.
               I have regularly found myself in this space between sleeping and being awake. This most often occurs when I am in the recliner. I get comfortable and close my eyes. I find myself seeing or should I say experiencing things. Something I find interesting, these episodes are of subjects that I have no idea why they were in my mind. They are totally clear. Then something occurs to bring me out of this state, and I wonder why I had seen this.
               If this was not happening to me, I would say it is a dream, and this person was asleep. Allow me to explain how I know this visualization is not a dream. When I dream, I am a participant in the dream. Example; I dreamed I was in this large building, it had several floors and I was looking for a toilet. I found a toilet on the first floor and went inside, it was nasty, very unclean! I left there going to the second floor, looking for another toilet. As you can see I was a participant in the dream.
               This place between awake and dream, is somewhat like unintentional meditation. I see everything clearly, but I am not a part of the experience. Example; people were gathered in a small group for some type of meeting or event, I see everything clearly but I was not a part.
               Another difference between a dream and revelation, the revel is very short and although I briefly remember what I had seen, it usually dissipates from my thoughts very quickly.

               Different subject: this daylight savings time is always difficult to get adjusted to. Even my dog and cat haven’t adjusted. One or the other usually wake me at about 5:00am each day, but with the time change they are now an hour behind.
               Today is Monday and I will need to work in the yard after it warms up. We had 84 degrees on Saturday but not Sunday or today. We will be lucky to hit 64 today, and it will not warm back up until Thursday when it should begin to get back in the 70s and 80s. It will not be long until I start complaining about it being too hot!
               As that one reader knows, here at the Ford Homestead, we have security cameras. I often turn the monitor for the cameras on when writing. This is done in an effort to provide yours truly with a quiet setting while developing a marvelous story. I had done so this morning and for some reason I happened to look at the monitor. To my surprise I saw Tres do something a little unusual, even for him. I will attempt to add a video.
Background noise from a vacuum cleaner and Tres barking at it as I made the recording. 
Never a dull moment at The Ford Homestead!

Enjoy the day!
Don Ford 

No comments: