Translate

Thursday, August 31, 2023

August 31, 2023

            I assume this will be my last posting, for this month. This is one of those times when I truly have little or nothing to present to you. All I have to talk about today is, the walk that Tres and I took this morning. It was an early morning walk which required a flash light. The walk was nice and quiet and there was no breeze at all. The temp was cool at 70 but a little breeze would have been nice. I just noticed that I did not have my new glasses on, wow I can see now! Also, I have noticed how much clearer the screen on the cell phone is when I have my new glasses on.

            I do have something to talk about. The moon was up and bright as we were walking. They call this moon a blue moon although it isn’t blue but it was closer to earth which made it seem larger. The moon was also very bright, there were no clouds in the sky so I could see the moon during the entire walk.  

            During the walk Tres did focus on a couple animals, most were cats, but there was one that was near the area where we had observed the possum yesterday. I could see the animal but I could not make out what it was so I activated the flash light (that is I turned it on). The animal was a rabbit and it was standing straight up on its back legs. I shined the spot light on the rabbit and it did not move until I turned the light off.

            We made it back home safely and as we walked on to our driveway; I got my last view of the big bright blue moon.

            I have no real plans for the day, we are supposed to have someone come and look at the Ford’s ole stove. Since today is Thursday, we usually get to go out for a little supper, that is if we have any money to pay for a small meal.   

            Changing topics: I have heard the statement, “An idle mind is a devil's workshop”. When I think about this I wonder if having little or nothing productive to do is a part of the cause for all the violence that goes on. Someone at home, maybe in his parents’ basement, on the computer all day and he had access to a gun. Maybe in his mind he can see himself as an avenger. If he took the gun out and shot at people, he would be something special. He would be involved, people would know of him, his name would be on all the news programs.

            There are a lot of people who have nothing to keep them focused on life and doing good. How do we get people involved in life? This may be a good thing for each of us to consider, and maybe each of us can find a way to help someone.

            I guess that is it for now, I need to get outside and water the potted plants. We hope each of you have a good and prosperous day, please stay safe and let’s pray for rain.

The dog walker!

Senior ole person who needs to get going, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: