Translate

Friday, August 18, 2023

August 18, 2023

            Allow me to get started on the blog today, as I did not get started yesterday. I did go to the eye doctor and while there, I learned that he was going to retire in a couple months.

            Now yesterday started out nice, the temp was 70, yep it was cool outside. I was able to water the flower pots before heading to the doctor’s office, I had a 7:40 appointment. They dilate my eyes for the exam so for most of the rest of the day, things are too bright for this ole person, so I stayed inside and much of the time I had sun glasses on inside the house.

            In the afternoon I had some ole bread that I took outside and tossed across the fence for the birds to eat. Tres goes with me and he usually gets at least one piece of the bread. Now I have noted that the temp that morning was 70, well it was now 109 degrees. It was literally like walking into an oven!

            I went to get the Gabi from school and I found a parking place with my back to the sun. The thermometer in the vehicle was showing 109, and I was determined to not run the motor with the air on for the 30 minutes while I waited. All was well until this person parked beside me, and he let his motor run. The heat from his running motor was coming in my open windows. I shut the windows on that side of the vehicle which blocked the heat from his motor but it also blocks the flow of air in the Ford’s ole Chevy. I did take a fan with me and was able to survive using the fan and drinking my cold root beer.

            Arriving back at home I quickly changed shirts and my favorite wife and I headed out to supper. This time we went to the cracker store. Food was good and service was also good. When we arrived back at home it was still 109 so we decided to not sit outside.

            Today’s happenings: After the Tres and I had cone for our walk, which was a little later than usual, I proceeded to enter the watering stage of my morning duties (aka water the flower pots) and I was out at the #2 berry bed when I heard a phone ringing. Now I should note that we have our new house phones and there is one located in the garage. Well, the garage door was open and I could hear it ringing out in the back 40, nice!

            Around that same time, I noticed a neighbor from down the street driving past our house, that means it was 8:45am. This neighbor lady heads out to work at 15 minutes to nine each work day. Now I wonder, is it good or not that I know her schedule?

            Back to the new phone, we seem to have one problem, I do not understand how to set up a voice mail box, heck maybe it doesn’t have a voice mail box. Maybe I will be able to find it in the instructions.

            I have a couple things I need and or want to do today, one is run the sprinkler system and flag the sprinkler heads. Some of the grass is taller than the heads, so I need to clear the grass away from a few heads.

            I also need to go get a prescription and maybe I can get a cup of real coffee while I am out. I also need to clean the office area and that is a lot of work.

            Wow, who knew I had so much to do. Well, I guess I should get started, we hope you have a good day and please stay safe.

Too much work!

Senior ole person who might get half of the things done, Don the Ford   

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: