Translate

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

August 2, 2023

            Good morning to all, we hope you had a good night and are ready to start the day. Tres and I have done our usual things this morning, such as going for a walk in which I had a flash lite with me, watering the flowers in pots, running the above ground sprinklers along the back of the house, eating a light breakfast, spraying for bugs all around the outside of the house, going for a cup of real coffee, before we came in here to start the blog.

            Yesterday was a stay at home and do almost nothing day for me, I took a short nap before I vacuumed the floor, finishing that job, I sat down to read the bible.

Bible reading done I decided to sneak out at lunch to get some chicken strips from the local chicken place. Now normally I get the 4-piece chicken strip lunch with fries and tea, and usually they would put about 8 chicken strips in the box. Well, yesterday was a little different. I did order the 4-piece chicken strips and that is what they put into the box. These chicken strips were twice as big as the previous version, so I would say I received the same amount of chicken, but I did not like the big thick strips. I guess things must change, and I will change by, “not going back to that chicken place for the BIG strips anymore”.

Dave called and said he did not need a ride home; his wife Claire was off work and would get him. With nothing else to do I set up the fans outside so we could get out of the house without melting. I should note that I had ice water to drink outside, no adult beverage as it was hot and I wanted to stay hydrated.

After the outside adventure we returned to the house and had supper. Supper was not anything fancy but it was very good! My ole belly was full as I washed the dishes after supper. Dishes washed and dried I then ventured to the bedroom where I prepared to hop on the bed and watch the TV, even though there is nothing I want to see.

At some point there were two young black people, one male and one female who stopped in front of our house, got out of the vehicle, and came to the front door. Tres greeted them by barking as if he would like to kill them. We were able to get Tres away from the door and I walked out to see what they wanted.

Their first question was, is he your home protection? I said yes! They handed me a bottle of something that appeared to be cleaning liquid, and started saying their pitch. I asked what are you trying to sell, and the male went to the vehicle and got a box that appeared to be empty, and had a couple openings in the side of it. When he walked back up he asked who does the cleaning in the house, I handed him his bottle back and said, No thanks. They turned and left. I watched as they drove down the street, turned at the cul-de-sac and drove back up the street, they did not attempt to stop at any other house. Yes, I thought it was odd!

Well, we hope your day is not odd, and that you have a lot of fun. Do not forget to BE SAFE!

senior nap taker!

Senior ole person who’s praying for rain, you may also pray for rain, Don the Ford      

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: